• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check your diffs

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been down in portland due to my Grandmother passing away and was not able to do a post NWfest inspection. The last half of Saturday and all of Sunday my front locker was being rather loud, so tonight I got around to pulling the diff cover to check it out. Turns out at some point durring the weekend I got some mud in there, my gear oil had the consistency(and color) of chocolate pudding. That Naches mud is pretty nasty if you havent checked your diffs you might want to.

mmmmm pudding.

TRSCobra said:
Axle seals a little shot?

yeah

Or preventive maintenance a little low?? Guess good thing you have "sealed" bearing units or you would be up the creek

Not so much, fluid was checked before leaving for NWfest

Ba-Riedo said:
Hm, did you ever attach that breather tube in the front that I was asking you about? :D

-Alex

yeah it's been attached since before we went to Reiter

Ba-Riedo said:
Just checking.:eyes:

-Alex

my axles seals are toast, theres gear oil spilling out my axles tubes on a flat parkiong spot as we speak. I put out a pan to catch it.

:gee: Didn't you know that if you squeeze a tube of black rtv into the gear oil, it'll seal itself??? :rolleyes:

Back