• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should you put a locker in your rig?

Not bad Skwerly. I will again open this at home too. I hope opening it in multiple locations is indeed helping you..........

Good article Skwerly. In case you didn't know, driving on a broken axle with a locker is really hard on the side teeth in the locker because all the torque that is usually split between both drive axles is transferred completely to the side with the good axle. I've had many a Detroit blow up from breaking an axle under throttle. Every time, the side gears opposite the broken axle were stripped off. Mind you that this was on an old 19 spline D44 in a flat fender jeep, (we used to call those a "D44 Lite") But I think the theory still applies.

Anyway, keep up the good work on the informative articles.

-Dan

i dug the budweiser and clamato article too :D

keep up the good work.i get notices in my email when you put new stuff up and i click em every time.
:cheers:

GrimmJeeper said:
i dug the budweiser and clamato article too :D

keep up the good work.i get notices in my email when you put new stuff up and i click em every time.
:cheers:

X2 on that one, My now favorite beer ICE COLD.... Whoooo damm its good

Back