• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help

Triple4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 cherokee was checking out the aux fan to make sure it worked from the thermistate senser to the fan. did a dumb thing, used a jumper wire to the battery to try and start the fan. must have hit the wrong one saw a arc now the jeep won't start. think i took out a fuse but can't find it. (where the hell is it) checked both panels and everything checks out.
thanks

I know your pain. I did much the same on my 89, hooked the wires up wrong to the fan, got sparks then no start.

Does it turn over but not start, if so it is likely the exact same problem, but check your B+ relay first. if it is good check the voltage from the ecu to the B+ relay.

That's my problem, the B+ is good but the ecu isn't triggering it when I turn the key, so I just have a switch that feeds 12v to the diagnostic connector under the hood and triggers the relay

Back