• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift shackles

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
can someone point me in the right direction for a pair of reasonably priced lift shackles?

'93 2door 4.0 aw4 d30/8.25, fwiw
thanks in advance

Ralph said:
You can use shackles from chevy pickup. They'll give you approx. 3/4" lift. They are realy cheap at the junk yard.

I'm guessing fullsize only? I got a set with my s10 springs that I used for a bastard pack and it doesn't look like they'll bolt up.

Yeah fullsize only. Lowering shackles from a chevy will lift, just get the ones that are cross braced so they dont fold up like in that picure floating arround.

quadratec has an econo-lift kit that is $39.99. i believe its made by daystar and comes with 1" lift shackles. for some reason i couldnt find this kit on the website. only in the catalog. i was hoping i could save a few bucks and just get the shackles but i dont even see the non-greasable shackles by themselves on the daystar website...

userbmx1315 said:
try rough country there kinda cheap 1.5-2" lift

yeah, the RC shackles look like a good idea for only $37.95 from their website.

the full size chevy shackles sounds good too.

I used Rough Countrys, and they did a nice 1.5 inch lift, and are tight and had new rubber and new bolts.

just picked up a set of Rough Country ones. They are cheap, but I'll probably switch out to get some boomerang's when I have a bit more money.

I have Rough Country 2" shackles with my RE3.5SF lift and I think they are good. I would buy them again.

slipslap said:
What are you trying to accomplish? Lift shackles aren't the greatest way to lift a rig.

well, i have 6" of lift up front but only 4.5" in the rear. it looks like sh!t.

not sure if this will work, but if you have your original leaf springs couldnt you use those as an Add a leaf? Not sure which leafs you would take out and you would put them. Just an idea

I have a brand new set of RC's sittin right here. make an offer. I was going to do 2" lift then I got inchitis so now its more like 4"-5"... I paid 50 for em. or if you have some other random parts I could barter

nootay said:
not sure if this will work, but if you have your original leaf springs couldnt you use those as an Add a leaf? Not sure which leafs you would take out and you would put them. Just an idea

i have thought about doing that for my other jeep but this one has 3.5" full leaf packs from RC. do people bastard pack with aftermarket leaf springs?

Back