• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oring and fuel line quick disco p/n for 97+?

hubs97xj

NAXJA Forum User
I've been pouring through older threads, but all of them that I have found so far deal exclusively with the older XJs. The part numbers I have come across are:

83502745 Fuel Line Coupling Repair Kit

83503637 O-Ring kit (13pc)

I gather that these are the Chrysler p/ns, and I have seen these given as well for the parts houses.

800-9220 G/P Sorenson O Ring Kit

Are these numbers also valid for the newer XJ injectors/regulators/rails? I've been to Advance and Autozone already, and they only thing they had in the almighty Computer was the Felpro 4pc O ring kit, p/n ES70599, and of course, no one actually carries more than 2 bags, if they even stock them at all. NAPA is closed every damned time I try to buy something from them, so I haven't been able to try them yet.

Are the injectors for the later models different, have the parts changed, or am I just getting bogus p/ns? No matter what I get, I'm going to have to order it, and as such, I want to make sure I'm getting the right parts, especially since this involves fuel delivery. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I'm preparing to do the header swap, and will either clean the old manifold, or replace it with the newer style, but either way, I am planning on having to tear the rail out and apart, and reassemble with new rings and guts for the quick disco fuel lines.

Thanks,
hub

Last edited:
No luck at the dealership. He convinced me they were available at the parts houses, but admitting not having a clue as to what they were, what sizes, or even whether or not the internal clip was metal or plastic. I'm buying random 5/16 & 3/8" O rings and clips, and Felpro PN ES70599 O rings for the injectors.
Yay.

Invaluable parts catalogs here.

http://www.xjjeeps.com/com_xjjeeps/manuals/1997_-_1999_parts_catalog.pdf

replace the whole fuel tube all the way down to the frame mounted hard line, might be worth it.
the original fuel tube is usually quite barbecued, and brittle if your header has been leaking into the engine compartment

my favorite site for OEM parts.
Ive bought the fuel tubes for my 92 here, they were far cheaper than the local stealership

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=214436
1998 fuel line pn# 52100137AE
$45.85

Back