• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What sensor is this?

Achmed

NAXJA Forum User
I have never noticed it before, but when I pulled my winch off today, I noticed it laying behind the winch. It is 2 prong and was plugged into a connector so I unplugged it to take the pic.

IMG_0210.jpg

it mounts down below the radiator on the sheet metal lip that runs between the "frame" rails

anywhere it can get a good reading of the air temp outside, if you really care to know that accurately. Mine was right behind the bumper on the xmember, I zip tied it out of the way in the same general area. You can unplug it and see if your overhead console shows a weird reading for outside temp to confirm. Here in Cali it is really unnecessary. It reads "nice" all the time:) unless I am in the dez, then it reads freaking HOTT.
good luck

Its a Foglight Connector. I have one too its located right below the radiator Its connected to a wireing harness. Unless you cut it off or had a stock bumper with fog lights and cut it off and put on a winch bumper I dont know how you got it off. Mine is a female plug and the wireing harness connected some where under the hood. I just dont mess with it because mine is a sport and didnt come with fog lights.

derrickdrew17 said:
Its a Foglight Connector. I have one too its located right below the radiator Its connected to a wireing harness. Unless you cut it off or had a stock bumper with fog lights and cut it off and put on a winch bumper I dont know how you got it off. Mine is a female plug and the wireing harness connected some where under the hood. I just dont mess with it because mine is a sport and didnt come with fog lights.
no...really is an ambient temp sensor, note the sensor element on the other side of the plug.

If you umplug the temp sensor the console should read ERR or something similar....

I have an over head console in our 94 Chrysler Town & Country (same electonics as the Jeep line), if i get a free moment I will unplug it and take a picture of what it says....

Back