• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I sell my jeep??

Should I sell my jeep and buy a street bike?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting this in here because I live in SoCal and you guys know me, as well as if I do sell it it will be in Socal.

Anyway, I have been joking about selling my jeep, and buying a street bike, over the past few weeks. I have mentioned it enough times that I now am considering it. Here's the deal. I have been thinking that it sucks to see the jeep sitting all the time (due to gas prices and stuff), I haven't driven it or wheeled it for probably a month or so (so long that the battery needs replacement). If I buy a bike I can ride it to work AND on the weekends (gas for work cost $15/week on bike) where as right now the jeep just sits and sits and sits. The money I save on gas (assuming it keeps climbing) would allow me to maybe pick up another stocker and build it later on when I have more available cash. What do you guys think?

Dont do it!!!!!

That's exactly what I am going to be doing. With the commute I have to make in my XJ at 13~14mpg I spend majority of my paycheck in gas so it does not make sense. So I am going to be selling my XJ to buy a motorcycle...so I say do it as long as you have a car as a backup plan (Breakdown of your bike, bad road conditions...etc).

I was tossing the idea around too. I had to compromise and let the wife drive her 5 mile commute in the Xj during the week, while I drive the 30mpg carolla 35 miles oneway. Man it sucks, but at least I get to drive the XJ on the weekends and maybe once a week.

Before I bought my 99, I had a 92 and sold it because of the gas prices. Soon there after, I bought a newer stock XJ that I am now putting all that money I "saved" back into.

I learned my lesson though. Trust me when I say,

KEEP THE JEEP! Buy a beater bike cheap! :soapbox:

luvdlions said:
I was tossing the idea around too. I had to compromise and let the wife drive her 5 mile commute in the Xj during the week, while I drive the 30mpg carolla 35 miles oneway. Man it sucks, but at least I get to drive the XJ on the weekends and maybe once a week.

Before I bought my 99, I had a 92 and sold it because of the gas prices. Soon there after, I bought a newer stock XJ that I am now putting all that money I "saved" back into.

I learned my lesson though. Trust me when I say,

KEEP THE JEEP! Buy a beater bike cheap! :soapbox:

I was driving an 87 on 35's from fullerton to burbank every day .. for YEARS. I moved to LA to save on gas.

In January, I bought a civic. After you factor car payment, insurance, maintenance, tires and gas - I come out ahead about $40 every month.

FREE CAR. And my MT/R's arent always bald now.

I understand your predicament. It's a tough decision.

It would be cool if you can do a deal like you did with your last bike. Try to keep the Jeep, but I won't fault you if you do sell it. Gas prices SUCK!!!!

I can't afford to drive my Jeep either. I'm getting ready to sell my bike to get a commuter car. I just haven't done it because I've been focusing getting ready for the baby.

I really have to pick and choose my wheeling trips because it cost $50 to $75 for a day trip.

So, I say keep the Jeep and get another bike. At least you would be able to wheel ever once in awhile.

E

Hey I suggest looking on craigslist. I have found numerous bikes on there for under 3k. I actually found my bike for a smoking deal, thus I kept the XJ. Yes the bike is a very good gas saver, upwards of 60+ mpg, but seeing the JEEP when I wake up every morning just makes the day better. So what I'm tryin to say is find a good but cheap bike, and save the XJ for the weekends or whatever..

Just my .02

My brother is looking for a jeep and will be selling his bike, CBR 954 think its an 03-04 devil highmount carbon fiber exh. Ohens steering stabilizer bike is black and red new tires under 7k miles on it, you could not find a cleaner bike! If your looking for a sport bike, you guys might be interested in making a deal

id hate to see you splattered Andy... but i know what its like to be in a pinch. thank god i only live 1 mile from my job or i would be F$#%ed.

i would never encourage anyone i know to get a bike... ive lost alot of really good friends due to accidents that were not thier faults... and i dont want you to sell your jeep!!! nobody else would be worthy of it!

:(

Back