• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axle location

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been slowly getting everything together for a hpd44/9" swap and have been playing with a bunch of ideas. I'm shooting for around 4.5-5.5" of lift and had planned on a extended shackles, a bastard pack with s10 leaves, and the shackle box relocation. One thing that I've noticed with a couple guys jeeps is the location of the rear axle looks like it could be pushed back a couple inches to help with the fender hacking. What if I use the whole leaf pack from an s10 to push the axle back a couple inches vs. using it as a bastard pack. I know that the s10 pack is longer and would require the rear shackle hanger to be relocated, but I was going to do it anyhow. Thoughts? Help?

are you losing the gas tank? you don't have too much room to go back if its in there... run the cherokee leaves flipped around for a little easy wheelbase push... i pushed my front out some when i swapped to leafs and its helped with my angles up there

I'm relocating the tank up so I can run a flat plate across the rails, so I'm not worried about that. I'll also push my front axle foward about 1-2", I'm not worried about that though. Just wanted to get some opinions and educated answers about why I haven't seen this done.

I would look into some 52" chevy half ton leaves. They are like an inch or so longer then the XJ leaf and the center pin is centered. im running 6" ones on the back of mine and i got like 5" stretch outta it.

IMG_2275.jpg

So you're running the main leaf off a 1/2 ton chevy, what year? How much lift did you net with your rear setup? by 5" of stretch, you are talking that there's a 5" difference between the XJ and chevy center pin? Man that's got to be a rough ride with the chevy springs.

Back