• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doran Bypass Closed

I read the first post, and I'm ready to sign up for MJR and post "PICS OR BAN!" or "THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS" how big could the boulders be? They can't be any bigger then gatekeeper :D. What's the big deal. <grin>

How built does ur jeep have to be to cross over gatekeeper

WraithKWK said:
How built does ur jeep have to be to cross over gatekeeper

Have you seen Scrappy's buggy (the one he uses), Santa's, RobertK's, Imortl's, Captain Ron's or Jump This' Butt-Buggy?? I heard Kyung made it or almost made it up without a tug. I haven't seen Remi attempt it, so, I'll believe it when I see it.. ;) You get where I'm going..

E

EliasJ123 said:
Have you seen Scrappy's buggy (the one he uses), Santa's, RobertK's, Imortl's, Captain Ron's or Jump This' Butt-Buggy?? I heard Kyung made it or almost made it up without a tug. I haven't seen Remi attempt it, so, I'll believe it when I see it.. ;) You get where I'm going..

E
eh... there's youtube video of me making it through thanks to my water fording gear :D (snorkel).

Anyways, this sucks cause folks coming down Doran are presented with a rather challenging obstacle now with no means of a bypass.

IMG_0336.jpg

I've tried it three times. And I failed.....three times. Seems like I always break something.

Kejtar said:
eh... there's youtube video of me making it through thanks to my water fording gear :D (snorkel).

hehehe.. I just said that because last time, you didn't want to try it and break something.. :D

E

EliasJ123 said:
hehehe.. I just said that because last time, you didn't want to try it and break something.. :D

E
That is true: my rig had some issues and I didn't want to push it ;) Can't even remember what it was. Though on the other hand recently it feels like my rig ALWAYS has issues :D

EliasJ123 said:

E

Come now I have done it twice (had to be strapped twice too) and spotted a few others like TBent up it (fuavery). It's all about the 1/2" line unless you are running full widths and where's the challenge there.

Does anyone see a problem with the complaint? If the Ghost Town is having a problem on their end why is it the parks problem? Move some of your own damn boulders and block off your side not the bypass, morons.

MJR said:
Come now I have done it twice (had to be strapped twice too) and spotted a few others like TBent up it (fuavery). It's all about the 1/2" line unless you are running full widths and where's the challenge there.
When's the last time you ran it? Things changed last season and where there used to be a nice rock... now there is a big hole that complicates things.
Does anyone see a problem with the complaint? If the Ghost Town is having a problem on their end why is it the parks problem? Move some of your own damn boulders and block off your side not the bypass, morons.
Actually last time we were there they moved some smaller rocks and put up couple signs that weren't there before. Sadly folks probably didn't obey them and well.... here's the result. We as a community have our faith in our hands and the few bad apples screw it up for the rest.....

Kejtar said:
When's the last time you ran it? Things changed last season and where there used to be a nice rock... now there is a big hole that complicates things.

Actually last time we were there they moved some smaller rocks and put up couple signs that weren't there before. Sadly folks probably didn't obey them and well.... here's the result. We as a community have our faith in our hands and the few bad apples screw it up for the rest.....

You shouldn't need a rock on the left if you are on the line.

Some of this is all bs. In the old days of cattle ranching it was the land owners responsability to fence of his land if he didn't want cattle ranchers cattle on his property. The same goes here and in Truckhaven. If you don't like it fence off your own property don't bitch at the park service because it's not their responsability to keep people off your land or to use taxpayer/park funds to do so!

MJR said:

The Ghost Town and Park are one in the same. The County has posted signs and put up railroad ties yet people chose to ignore both and go around them.

MJR said:
Some of this is all bs. In the old days of cattle ranching it was the land owners responsability to fence of his land if he didn't want cattle ranchers cattle on his property. The same goes here and in Truckhaven. If you don't like it fence off your own property don't bitch at the park service because it's not their responsability to keep people off your land or to use taxpayer/park funds to do so!

Bullshit we're not talking about cattle here. We are talking about thinking, rational human beings who have conciously chosen to ignore the signs/rules.

Unfortunately their selfish actions have affected the rest of the off-road community.

MJR said:
You shouldn't need a rock on the left if you are on the line.

Im inclined to agree that the property owner is responsible for securing said property. But then again My dad has been made aware of the situation and will be calling a few people to write about this in the local paper as well as a few calls to county supervisors he works with. (Kinda nice having a elected official for a relative)

karstic said:
The Ghost Town and Park are one in the same. The County has posted signs and put up railroad ties yet people chose to ignore both and go around them.

So you personally know for a fact that both are owned by the county? It actually appears that the Ghost Town is County and the OHV area is BLM land.

Last edited:
MJR said:
So you personally know for a fact that both are owned by the county? It actually appears that the Ghost Town is County and the OHV area is BLM land.

So is the bypass on county land or BLM? Never been there myself, but it looks like we'll have to do the lower route. Can't be _THAT_ hard, these guys made it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSSlYnShhU

Last edited:
Anybody see an pics of the barricade...it might be makeable in comparison to the actual gate keeper.

I actually ran down gate keeper like 15 years ago in a stock open/open YJ on 31's. Didn't really know where we were and it was getting late. Never did see the bypass.

But back then that big undercut must have been full because although it was sketchy, we didn't know what we were doing and still made it down.

That undercut on the left (going up) can be decieving and I think gets stacked a lot so some might not think it is all that difficult.

Back