• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Ford 8.8

1000369ho1.jpg

1000375tf0.jpg

Ford 8.8 out of a 98 Ford Explorer
complete from rotor to rotor
disk brakes
Ebrake cables still attatched (cut the cable below the rear door)
has all hard and soft brake lines and in great condition
3.73 Ford Gears
Open carrier (required for a lunch box locker)
C-clip eliminator
has the flange needed to attatch driveshaft (stock ford flange from the driveshaft) no need for a companion flange
diff fluid was good color, with no burnt smell, free of metel particles. the junkyard pierced the cover to drain (idiots) and plugged with a rubber plug. I cleanned up the wound and welded it closed, but a new cover would be highly advised (Desert Fab and RoughStuff are great sources for a new cover)

you might be saying that you would love to swap in an 8.8 (comperable in strength to a Dana 44, same bolt patern as XJs) but you know that the 8.8 is spring under while we are spring over. No problem. if you purchase this axle, purchase new spring perches and shock mounts, I will weld them on for you and remove the stock sway bar brackets for an additional $40- with your help in measuring for QC purposes. (ask Kracker, WoundedXJ or Bigassalex about my welding)

updated price: if your name is in RED or GREEN, $300 for the axle and i weld on it for you for no extra charge. for those with BLACK usernames, $300 for the axle, $340 for the axle and welding services.

HMMM, I sure do like the member pricing options. They can join the club and STILL save $$ on that axle.

:cheers:

i do like the marketing. i remember seeing a bunch of that when i was a newb and noticed it has kinda sluffed off. there has also been a bunch of threads recently where people were "discussing" the pros and cons of having thier names is red. well, this is just one of many benifits. not to mention sales pitches like this really helped push me into joining initially. and im treating others the way i would like to be treated.

on a side note: i just noticed that the three of us whom posted in this thread have july join dates one year appart. jul 03, 04, 05. im easily amused.:wierd:

back on topic: someone is realy wanting to retire their D35, and this would be a perfect canidate.

I actually joined back before NAXJA.org was started.. it's been so long I can't remember what the old name was.. haha!!

when the origional server crashed I lost my membership and number.. I was something like 125 or 135.. like I said it was a long time ago.. im getting old.. haha!!

:conceited

Now thats freakie. Somebody needs to get out and wheel more often!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

bump.

i am also willing to trade. im looking for a set of 4 or 5 good used 33" name brand tires for a 15" rim, or for a front winch bumper. condition of trade is dependant on condition of items.

back to the top.

still have it. im going to go for $260 with free welding for red and green names, $260 for users with the option of me cutting off the old brackets, and welding on new shock mounts and spring perches (perchased seperatly) for an additional $40

if i go any lower than this, i will be loosing money. im not making much of a profit at these current prices.

the Fall Fling is a short 4 months away. i know someone out there is wanting to ditch their turdy-5.

SOLD. Thanks DesertXJ68!

Back