• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRAILS?

chelms27

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of any good places to wheel around Oceanside/Vista/ Carlsbad/Fallbrook? I plan on trying out my new tires and a lift here soon. Any company would be cool too!! ThanksNAXJA

for company, you might mention when you plan on wheeling. :)

I'm not aware of much close to Oceanside since I dont live that close. If you go about 60-70 miles east, you could hit Truckhaven. CHeck out COrral Canyon

There are a few guys that live down that way. CHK-550 is just a couple miles from the border if I remember correctly....

yup, I haven't been to Corral canyon yet, but I've heard good things from my bro (Brady's XJ). Also McCain valley and Los Pinos are also good trails. I'm in Imperial Beach, right near Tijuana and Chula Vista, so let me know when you are coming to the area and I might be able to join you.

Chris

djblade311 said:
for company, you might mention when you plan on wheeling. :)

I'm not aware of much close to Oceanside since I dont live that close. If you go about 60-70 miles east, you could hit Truckhaven. CHeck out COrral Canyon

More like a hundred plus miles east....:D

I've tested with Honda down at Corral Canyon before. There was a fire there a few weeks ago, and when we tried to test there a couple weeks back, we were told it's closed. So before you head down there, try calling the USFS or whomever handles that land.

I would be going out the weekend of the 9th and 10th of September. I would like to go check out some good trails, nothing too crazy, I only have 2" of lift and 245 MTR's!! So if anyone plans on going out that weekend, I would love to tag along.:rof:

Go to Big Bear.
Not real close to Oceanside...but close enough.
There are a lot of mid-level trails that you will enjoy.
If you plan on camping you will need a wilderness pass. (Pick one up at the Ranger's visitors center)

Find someone to go with you, do not wheel alone.:rtm:

Where is Corral Canton? I live in oceanside, how close am I? When would you like to go? I have stuff going on this weekend, mainly Sat, but next weekend would work great! PM me and let me know

Back