• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

little help please!!

konoff1998

NAXJA Forum User
was wondering if anyone could tell me if i have an sye on the 98 xj classic of mine with the chry 8.25, d30, aw4, 4.0
ds4.jpg
ds3.jpg
ds2.jpg
ds1.jpg

any info would help greatly

nope, you sure don't. The rubber boot on the yoke off the t-case protects the slip yoke. SYE also didn't come stock on the cherokee.

lol You are aware that the rear driveshaft runs into the transfer case right? The slip yoke eliminator replaces the slip yoke with a non slipping yoke in the rear of the transfer case. The picture that i show is of the yoke that gets replaced. Also you must replace the rear drive shaft with one designed like your front shaft.

konoff1998 said:
no that is the rear ds into the tranny

Which is the slip yoke.... The drive shaft slides onto the slip yoke on the TRANSFER CASE....... A SYE means a SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR.. Which gets rid of the stock slip yoke....

We know what we are talking about....

if it goes directly into your tranny than you don't haev a tcase which means you don't have 4wheeldrive

I made the same mistake at first. I assumed the SYE was for the front of the tcase. It wasn't until I got under and really looked at it and read here, that I understood where the SYE would go. Don't forget you have to replace the drive shaft as well. :(

Back