• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Most Scenic in So Cal

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
I want to take a really cool trail ride in the Jeep, not hard core, more of just trail driving on a long scenic trail. I know you guy's have been all over So Cal. What are your suggestions? Looking for some great exploring.

Mountains or desert ?? whats ur preference.

Fonts Point in Borrego Springs has always been a fav of mine.

Santa Ana River trail, it's out behind Heart Bar off of Hwy 38 just before Onyx Summit.

MJR knows tons of nice scenic tours.

I like Death Valley, Kennedy Meadows, Mojave Road,

The santa ana trail is cool if you use google earth you can punch in
Start of the trail
Latitude: 34"10'35.75N
Longitude: 117"9'15.00"W

End of Trail
Latitude: 34'10'22.59"N
Longitude: 116"57'0.04W

WraithKWK said:
Mountains or desert ?? whats ur preference.

Fonts Point in Borrego Springs has always been a fav of mine.
Probably Mountains, Spent a lot of time in the desert, but I know there is a lot of high desert areas, like toward Kennedy Meadow's

FordGuy said:
I want to take a really cool trail ride in the Jeep, not hard core, more of just trail driving on a long scenic trail. I know you guy's have been all over So Cal. What are your suggestions? Looking for some great exploring.

I think Big Bear had some really scenic easy trails. With your rig, they'd all be just a trail drive. John Bull had some boulders, but nothing hard at all.

Are you looking for a day trip or weekend stuff. There's some stuff in the eastern Sierras/Bishop/Mammoth area I can point you to.

Rincon Trail in the Angeles National Forest is scenic. It's cool to do at twilight cause you can see the lights of the LA Basin.

Main Divide Truck Trail in the Cleveland NF.

karstic said:
Are you looking for a day trip or weekend stuff. There's some stuff in the eastern Sierras/Bishop/Mammoth area I can point you to.

Rincon Trail in the Angeles National Forest is scenic. It's cool to do at twilight cause you can see the lights of the LA Basin.

Main Divide Truck Trail in the Cleveland NF.

Something a little closer than Mammoth, even though it would be cool to go fishing way up in the Sierras

the rincon trail is up by azusa, 210 & the 605 area.. i'd be up for a twighlight run depending on when it is, as ive never run it.

Let's get a cool one figured out, load up the Ice chest, some lunch and go cruising. Doing the trail maintenance made me want to drive down some cool trail for awhile, just taking in some sight seeing, and fun driving.

Back