• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy brakes

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
So I have reasearched and found lots of write ups on doing a rear disk conversion for xjd44 can I assume that these will work the same for the waggy d44's? If not can someone point me in the direction of a write up as I'm sure I overlooked something that includes this for waggy 44's? Also I heard you can easily run caddi disk brakes is this true?

Thanks

The XJ D44 has a different flange pattern than a Waggy D44.
Look over this site for technical data on different bolt patterns and rear disk kits: http://www.tsmmfg.com/

That looks to be a good site. I was just getting ready to post the same question!

Thobson, are you still running 6 lug pattern?

I redrilled my axles to 5x4.5. I'm hoping this doesn't jack me up on switching to disks.

Thanks that seems like a pretty complete list of parts needed and acceptable calipers. Does anyone have a write up on how they did their set up just for comparision?

I am still going to be running the 6 lug my brother has an fj-60 that he just got new wheels for so I get his old wheels hopefully they backspacing works!!

As for running a 5 x 4.5 I would think you could pick up rotors off of something to make that work, if worse came to worse maybe buy a new set....

Sorry to bring this thread back. I have the tera disks on my 8.25. I am wondering if they would be a direct swap onto an xj 44? Im hoping so since I think they are both 5x4.5 but is there anything I am overlooking? Thanks

Back