• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local vendor for synthetic winch line ... ?

What line? T9000, Spectran?

Buy your hook from where ever, get the thimble and line from:

West Marine
Mike Rigging
Del Rey Riggers
Harbor Rigging
Layline
APC
Etc...

Call me retarded, but it seems like only offroad guys buy sailboat line from an Offroad supplier. A 3 year old can do the splicing.

:D

--ron

Captain Ron said:

West Marine
Mike Rigging
Del Rey Riggers
Harbor Rigging
Layline
APC
Etc...

Call me retarded, but it seems like only offroad guys buy sailboat line from an Offroad supplier. A 3 year old can do the splicing.

--ron

are you shitting me it is sail boat line ??? I feel like a retard for not thinking of that

Captain Ron said:

West Marine
Mike Rigging
Del Rey Riggers
Harbor Rigging
Layline
APC
Etc...

--ron

I'm sure I've still got my blue jackets manual around here somewhere. After 20 years in the navy, you'd think I'd learned out to splice a line, but alas, I only delt with electronics and networks, go figure. Good idea on the boat places. I'll check it out.

Mark

ruggedjeep said:
Probably not much response since everyone is or on their way to BB. Looking for a local vendor before i buy it online. Just thought id try...
3/8x100+ fairlead+ hook= $__ :D

-Mike
Had a feeling you were gonna be replacing that line..:laugh:

Looking at west marine, Endura 12 which has a 13,300 in 5/16" or 19000lb in 3/8". is 2.40 a foot for 5/16". Not much of a savings over some place like winchline.com

Mark

Kejtar said:
Which winch do you have? Make sure that there is room for 100' of 3/8" line :D

I'm running a "summit" T-max 9000, it came with 94 feet of 21/64', was looking at putting 80-90 feet of 3/8" Amsteel Blue on it.

corbinafly said:
Had a feeling you were gonna be replacing that line..:laugh:
:laugh: I probably(hopefully) will never winch as much as we did that today, but want to be ready. f*@K steel cable.

Kejtar said:
Which winch do you have? Make sure that there is room for 100' of 3/8" line :D
Yup, checked that out already. xd9i will accept 3/8 x 100 rope

ruggedjeep said:
:laugh: I probably(hopefully) will never winch as much as we did that today, but want to be ready. f*@K steel cable.

Yup, checked that out already. xd9i will accept 3/8 x 100 rope
Tell me about it.:hang:

sorry to bring back an older thread but has anyone located additional local vendors for affordable winch line?

I've bought three from winchline.com in the last 2 years and am VERY happy with the product.

Josh, you should be pretty happy with my winchline too ;)

cal said:
I've bought three from winchline.com in the last 2 years and am VERY happy with the product.

Josh, you should be pretty happy with my winchline too ;)

HAHAHA, there's only a select few that would get that. I'm one of them. I love it.

I guess you guys missed the part about LOCAL vendors. thanks though.

I think Erik said that deal went south if you are referring to the 7/16's x 100ft stuff he posted a while back

Yea my good deal fell thru . It was actually too good to be true. Im still looking at doing something as long as its cost effective. I can downgrade to 3/8" rope, that will definitely help on the price.

Back