• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Fender trim question

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone send me to a page with a picture of how high to cut up when doing the cut and fold of the rear fender??

I am looking because i have no i dea how far to cut up without cutting passed the poinch seam. all of the pictures i have seen are finished and i dont see how much there was when they cut. i want to leave the lip.

Thanks NAXJA
Josh

I can't send you a picture, because mine are already cut and folded, obscuring the view. However, I can tell you.

If you look up under your rear fender, you will see where the inner fender comes down to meet the quarter panel sheet metal. Then they are spot welded together. You should be able to see the spot welds through the exterior paint. They look like little indented circles. this is basically the extent of the pinch seam. Many will tell you not to cut above the level of the little circle indentations. However, as long as you don't cut through them, you can cut up to where the inner fender meets the outer, and then fold the whole thing over. If you are uncomfortable with that, then just tape the fender off, and draw a line with a sharpie at the lower margin of all the spot welds, and cut to the line but not past it. You'll be fine.

Kenny

Back