• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest Question re: Kids etc

HawkZero

NAXJA Forum User
Ok...I'm new here and I was going to use this weekend to work on the currently stock XJ...

However, somebody asked me if I was going to SoCal fest...and stupid me has to ask the question:

Who brings wives kids etc? If I can manage a day trip, I will be with wife and 3 year old. Since we haven't prepped for camping, what is available for family fun?

If I can convince wife to take 3yr old camping...are there spots available?

Thanks again...perhaps I can meet some of ya'll this weekend.

my kids, 7 yr boy, 6yr girl, and 1.5yr girl had a blast last year. i guess my son had more fun than the wife and daughters lol but it was a good time. my boy had fun throwing logs in and tending the :flame: and chasing lizards, and my wife and daughters went and checked out the town, and went on a sort of nature walk around the campground and surrounding areas. we had a blast, part of why my wife agreed to come back up this year haha. sadly tho my kids wont be with me this year, im thier step dad and thier father has em this weekend.

anyways, there is always something to do if you try hard enough ;)

hope to see you up there!
-G

If you like the mountains and the outdoors, you'll like Big Bear. Kids are Welcome. NAXJA is almost always family friendly. Bring your kid. That's one more kid I can stick my tongue out at. :laugh3:

I think Matty took his little girl last year and she was just walking too. Sometimes there's A LOT of kids and sometimes not so many.

As far as camping goes... :dunno: Last time I was at BB, I found quite a few camping sites along Highway 38. A fair amount were first come first serve.

E

My wife always comes with me...um..yeah...to Big Bear that is!
You have not mentioned if you have ever been to BB before.
If not, you have a lot to look forward to!
Beautiful place.

Rick

I took my wife and 1.5 yr old camping at BB for the first time in September. My daughter didnt like the cold but during the day they had fun hiking.

Looks like we'll try and make it a day trip. I understand most folks will be on the trail by the time we get out there, but if you see us driving around the area on Sat afternoon, please introduce yourselves.

We'll be the folks in the stock sage green 2000 XJ that looks great except the passenger rear door is caved in from a parking lot incident.

You will recognize my wife as the hot red-head and my daughter as the 3yr old running around like a banshee.

Travis

OBTW - 5 Large boxes with Rubicon Express tape arrived this afternoon...almost all parts are here!

HawkZero said:
Looks like we'll try and make it a day trip. I understand most folks will be on the trail by the time we get out there, but if you see us driving around the area on Sat afternoon, please introduce yourselves.

We'll be the folks in the stock sage green 2000 XJ that looks great except the passenger rear door is caved in from a parking lot incident.

You will recognize my wife as the hot red-head and my daughter as the 3yr old running around like a banshee.

Travis

OBTW - 5 Large boxes with Rubicon Express tape arrived this afternoon...almost all parts are here!

:clap: :party: :clap: :thumbup: :guitar: :party: :party:

HawkZero said:
hey my wife is a hot read head too dont confuse me for Hawk!

:D

take them to the discovery center and the zoo you can kill a big chunk of the day looking at all the stuff and then there is the children's forest

HawkZero said:

Travis

Back