• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air bags oh no!

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
Just trying to get everyone's attention. Anyone know how to get rid of the airbag light after you remove all the airbags and module? How about shipping requirments for airbags through USPS? Anyone?

Man did I see that coming. . . Aside from that? I just don't want to tear the dash up trying to get at it.

Electrical tape over it
:gee:

if its an older model the airbag light in the dash shouldnt be that hard to get too (that is im thinkin of my 90 & 93 the lights such as check engine ect.. are on the far left side of the cluster & only a matter of a few screws although none of my trucks have the stock airbags so im not really sure)

It's a 00, sorry, should have said what year was. Yeah, I'll just pull the bulb, what about the shipping? That's what I'm really after right now, forgot to call the post office before they closed today...

Unless it sets off and hurts someone, at the very least throw a fragile sticker on it.

Like ramsey said throw a couple fragile stickers on it and some packing peanuts to avoid any major shocks and all should be well.

Why are you pulling the bags??

If it is NOT a strictly off-road vehicle your are violating federal law by removing them....

Hell, you might still be violating the law.....

Pull the Airbag controller out too, that will shut off the light....

It's still got the pressurized co2 cylinder so if it had a hard enough shock or something punctured it then yah it could still go off.

dave92cherokee said:
It's still got the pressurized co2 cylinder so if it had a hard enough shock or something punctured it then yah it could still go off.

It has a "pyrotechnic" type charge wich requires an electrical charge to deploy (or fire or the like). I work for a japanese manufacturer and they come plain ol' purolator or truck no dangerous goods labeling. I worked for another japanese manufacturer and eveything had to be labeled dangerous goods, beleive me they let me know when they rec'd a loaded airbag shipped without any special labeling. just make sure it doesn't require going on an airplane and you should be fine.

Dont mean to break in like this but this seemed like the perfect thread to ask.

Does anyone know, I have heard rumors that the airbag is disarmed when your in 4-low?

Any truth to this or maybe i should yank it.

I don't know, that's why I pulled mine, better safe than sorry. I wasn't aware that pulling the air bags was illegal. . . oops. . . I plan on putting a different steering wheel on it anyhow to cover up the gapping hole where my horn used to be.

Yeah and technically you are breaking state and federal laws by not charging tax at a yard sale.

The Removed airbag police will be at your door in 10 minutes.

Did some more snooping, found mine to be a "mechanical" airbag. gonna try and pull it this weekend. Sorry big brother but i dont like shotguns aimed at my face while wheelin.

Back