• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Waste of Money?

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
In your opinion what has been your biggest waste of money mod that you have done to your XJ?

Last edited:
a short add a leaf that ruined two tires by getting out of wack and rubbing into the tires

good thread, could be very helpful to others with money about to buy somthing

88rockxj said:
a short add a leaf that ruined two tires by getting out of wack and rubbing into the tires

good thread, could be very helpful to others with money about to buy somthing

I learned my lesson about AAL's the hard way also. Same thing happened to me. Lucky for me I bitched to the shop that installed it enough, convinced them it was their fault. They bought me a new leaf pack.

agm1563 said:
Bushwacker cut-out fender flares. They look good and work pretty well, but cheaper and easier ones out there.

Really? I'm about to buy some bushwackers. Are there cheapo knock offs out there? If so anyone have a link?

A set of junkyard leaf packs from which a couple leaves were fractured. Couldn't get a refund cause I'd taken the packs apart. I don't much bother with "inexpensive" parts anymore, especially from the junkyard.

buying mine in the first place! damn things are money pits:flame:

agm1563 said:
Bushwacker cut-out fender flares. They look good and work pretty well, but cheaper and easier ones out there.

Must have information on cheaper flares. :twak:

Coils and leafs that are sitting in my closet untill I get the "bugs" worked out of my 89.

Rod Knee said:
A set of junkyard leaf packs from which a couple leaves were fractured. Couldn't get a refund cause I'd taken the packs apart. I don't much bother with "inexpensive" parts anymore, especially from the junkyard.
Lucky. That was actually your biggest waste, how much were you out, junkyard leafs here cost 18$ a pack.

Naxja membership.

1) That stupid cupholder thing that mounts to the center console above the E-brake lever. I would like to have back all of the milkshakes that have tumbled out of that thing!

Its in the trash now.

2) Throttle body spacer, what a waste!

3) The $900 bucks I paid a local tranny shop to replace 2 shift solonoids in my first XJ's AW4. That was what lead me to NAXJA. I did not want to get burned again!

The cup holder is a big joke. It will kinda hold a can, but make sure you always turn to the left so the passenger can wear whatever is in the cup.

All my parts from Rustys have been repalced. Especially his tie rod conversion- didn't fit right, created a lot of slop in the steering I couldn't get rid of. Didn't like that setup at all, would work for a trail-only rig I suppose.

Also- JD's offraod aka extreme vehicle builders in NY. Pretty crappy fab work for what they charge. Brought my jeep in to fix a problem, lots of money later still had the same problem. Well, at least I'm armed with a little more knowledge now...

kdailey4315 said:
In your opinion what has been your biggest waste of money mod that you have done to your XJ?

This is probably going to draw some heat,(although I dont know why, its my Jeep) but the biggest waste of money for me was lifting my XJ.
For the purposes I use it for (DD, forest roads, camping, ect.) it did just fine when it was stock. I dont really wheel anymore so theres no benefit to it being lifted.

I almost rebuilt my Dana 35, all new bearings and seals....
That was until I found this site and read crash's axle strength guide and began my searching for a D44 but ended up with the 8.8.

~Alex

spent over $400 in subs and an amp. should have put it into a bumper or towards gears, but that was over a year ago.

I've spent around 1,100 on audio equipment. Wait, that wasn't a waste...I love it! I haven't really wasted any money on my Cherokee yet and I've had it for 7 years now.

Back