• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kinda milage r u getting?

Tintr

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 sport with a rustys 6.5 long arm, 33x12.50, 4.56 gears, and an automatic tranny. I used to get about 17 with my jeep now i get between 10-12 anywhere i go and my driving habbits havent changed. took it to a mechanic this week and said fuel pressure is good and no bad 02 sensors. What givs??? thanks for any imput.

check or replace you cap, rotor, air filter plugs and wires. those are tyhe first that come to mind.

2001! No cap, No rotor, No wires. Plugs are new, and has a afe intake that is spotless. also 2.5 cat back. thanks for trying to help though!

I have an 87, 5spd, 33s 4.56s.. I dont know excact because i have yet recalibrated the speedo.. but is definately better than my DD which is averaging 12.1... Looks like ill be driving the jeep more often.

Welcome to the effects of the wonderous ideas of using corn in our fuel tanks.
one thing i've noticed with K&N filters (i don't know if your AFE is an oiled media filter) but they gum up the mass air flow sensors on a lot of cars. I've got an 89, so i am not up to speed on the 2000. A bunch of my customers get a good bit better mileage with a MAF cleaning. It involves buying a can of <gasp> MAF cleaner, spray it on, and then IMMEDIATLY spray it off with compressed air.
good luck.

I get 25 or so, slightly better with mostly hwy driving.

95" stock for the most part, new cap, rotor, new fluids, new wires, coil, and plugs, new air filter and I am running 14.5 mpg (i have a heavy foot).

makkman said:
Welcome to the effects of the wonderous ideas of using corn in our fuel tanks.
one thing i've noticed with K&N filters (i don't know if your AFE is an oiled media filter) but they gum up the mass air flow sensors on a lot of cars. I've got an 89, so i am not up to speed on the 2000. A bunch of my customers get a good bit better mileage with a MAF cleaning. It involves buying a can of <gasp> MAF cleaner, spray it on, and then IMMEDIATLY spray it off with compressed air.
good luck.

Niether the 89, or the 2000 use a MAF system....Both systems are speed density versions

Im getting between 13-16 in the city and around 18-19 on the highway. The highway is Guessomated. because I havent taken a long enough trip to refill. Usualy when I do refill its because Ive been driving in the city.

1989 4door. 10 city. about 20 highway. 3.55s, 3", 31s.

i try to cruise at a steady 55mph as much as possible

Tintr said:
I have a 2001 sport with a rustys 6.5 long arm, 33x12.50, 4.56 gears, and an automatic tranny. I used to get about 17 with my jeep now i get between 10-12 anywhere i go and my driving habbits havent changed. took it to a mechanic this week and said fuel pressure is good and no bad 02 sensors. What givs??? thanks for any imput.

If you used correct spelling, capitalization, and grammar, you'd get 20 mpg.

My only question is, where is the tech? Asking what other people are getting for fuel mileage doesn't qualify as a technical question.

Maybe you should think about asking "What gear ratio should I run with X size tires to get my fuel mileage back up to what it used to be?".

Dont be a jackass mike. the tech is trying to find out if ive got a problem with my jeep somewhere. isnt that what its all about, helping people who have knowledge in some things where you might not. if you dont like it maybee you should ignore the other 20 responses from people who didnt seem to care......maybee you should change your tag to i cant get over it already!

Re: What kind of mileage are you getting?

Alright then, how long has the gas mileage issue been going on? Did you recalibrate the speedometer since your lift and tire upgrade? Have you made any other upgrades prior to your gas mileage dropping significantly? A little more background would be nice....

Ok, i have built my whole jeep within the last 6 months. it has plenty of drag with the rack and everything else on it. i still think theres a problem somewhere because i know people with almost identical setups and their getting 15 on avrg everywhere they go. im getting 10 to 12 even when i baby it. my milage just seemed to shoot down all of a sudden, not just gradually decrease. I already did the speedo adjustment and am within 3 MPH of beeing right. Im not sure what else to do. i love driving my jeep and dont want to park it but i need to get a few mpg back somehow.

Try taking off that giant bumper, winch and rack. It should go up after that.

Back