• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to install a bearing housing seal?

mage

NAXJA Forum User
I have the JB Conversion SYE and need to replace the bearing housing seal.
How do I go about that?

Pressure fitted isn't?

Thanks any way....
Did it with out your help... sheesh not even BFH comment

Thick Wood dowl, and a hammer, thats how I did it.
I also removed the housing to work on it.

Big Thanks to JB Conversions for the replacements parts!

You may not have waited long enough for your answer, you know...

This is the sort of job where a selection of large sockets can come in handy - also a decent assortment of large iron pipe couplings can help. If you have the pipe coupling approach, you put a plug in one end so you can hit it in the middle (so you don't have to "tap around" to get the thing in straight.)

You can use a lightweight hammer and tap around the seal edge to get the thing seated, but that's a pain and takes some practise (and, usually, ruining a couple of seals as well. That's why I don't recommend it...)

Well, two weeks passed after the first post. Sorry. But if you notice, any thread that does't get hit on within a few mintes can get burried in page two, or three cause most of us have ADD and never make it to page two.
It happens

Ah. Wups.

This was the first time I'd noted the thread - and caught the OP and OP's response at the same time. I know how things can get buried - I usually try to go to the "break" (these threads haven't been updated since your last visit, but still contain unread posts) a couple times a day to make sure I'm not missing anything critical or that should be nuked.

It was the "bearing housing seal" that caught my eye on this one - because I was going to note that "bearing housing" can be pretty much anywhere, so please elabourate...

5-90 said:
Ah. Wups.

This was the first time I'd noted the thread - and caught the OP and OP's response at the same time. I know how things can get buried - I usually try to go to the "break" (these threads haven't been updated since your last visit, but still contain unread posts) a couple times a day to make sure I'm not missing anything critical or that should be nuked.

It was the "bearing housing seal" that caught my eye on this one - because I was going to note that "bearing housing" can be pretty much anywhere, so please elabourate...

No worries, not passing judgement. Just wanted the OP to not feel ignored intentionally.

Back