• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP - Leaf Spring Bushings!

splatXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have the 6" Rusty's springs on the back of my XJ. ALL 4 rubber bushings are GONE. This is my DD and it is NOT good! I need to fix these ASAP before I break something or hurt myself or someone else. I have had a bushing set on order from Rusty for 4 months now and all I get is they are still back-ordered. I am pretty much desperate for ANY bushing I can get at this point! I called Rusty's this AM and they said the frame side is a 2" eye and the shackle side is a 1.5" eye.

Does anyone have any sources where I can get rubber, poly, ANY bushing material to get these replaced?

How do you know they're not stock? is that what Rusty told you so that you have to get your bushings from him?

Where in your F-ing post does it say your bushings arent OEM, you dick...I'm 10,000 miles from my jeep, so I couldnt exactly go measure my bushings for you...

no luck ... so far every place I called doesn't want to bother searching. I found that 80-98 F250/350 had a 2" front eye, but no clue on width or bolt size ...

RE was useless! They told me "it might be the same size as the Ford" but he wouldn't go measure for me!

I think I'm set now. Looks like 80-98 F250 2WD front spring w/2"ID for the frame eye and standard YJ 1.5"ID for the shackle eye.

The factory sized bushings are 2 inch front and 1.5 inch rear just like rusty's springs. What is with all the anger?

Last edited:
Too bad some did not bother to learn that manners and politeness make life a lot smoother.
You should have learned this in kindergarden.

My brother is over there on the oil terminal in the Gulf(last place I'd wanna be). I got him hooked on XJs(he had his shipped to Dubai) and he'll be back in 2 weeks for a 3-week break(not quite as I'm gonna put him to work on my stroker install, lol).

gradon said:
My brother is over there on the oil terminal in the Gulf(last place I'd wanna be). I got him hooked on XJs(he had his shipped to Dubai) and he'll be back in 2 weeks for a 3-week break(not quite as I'm gonna put him to work on my stroker install, lol).

Yep...its not that bad til you're getting shot at. The rest of the time you're just wondering when the next time will be that it happens :)

8 1/2 months down...4-5 to go :)

splatXJ said:
Is English your second language dumbass? I said 2"ID front and 1.5"ID rear. Stock is 1.5"ID and 1.25"ID ... so get bent smartass!

Not to get involved but this JNickel is fighting for your country. I know he was a lil vulgar but give the guy a break. This is coming from a disabled Vet who also fought for your country. Just give the guy some respect.

I have a Rusty's kit also. Destroyed two bushings last weekend showing off in front of some nay nay. Changed them yesterday with leftovers from a energy suspension pack from my buddy. Torched to s.o.b out, and found out the one I was given was to small. Wrapped in duct tape and pressed the bitch in there... Problem solved.

My rustys spring bushings lasted less than 6 months. i think their stuff is garbage! I called and talked to austin (the only guy who seems to know anything) and bitched about the company and their products. he threw in a complete set of poly bushings and jam nuts because the long arms have huge threads and it makes tons of noise driving in town because the movement. give it a try it worked for me!

Back