• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mustang Island 4X4 Beach cleanup the 26th

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey if any of you Gulf Coast guy/ladies want to join us that would be GR8.

Some of us from central Texas, Dallas and Houston that wheel together try and make this cleanup each year.

We do the 4X4 area as the main beach gets covered well by others. The 4x4 area is BIG and we barley make a dent but every little bit helps.

Most of us arrive Friday night... cleanup the beach sat and camp / partake on saturday night. Seafood boil and whatever else.

If you can join and need more info just post...

Is there an area with showers, ect... I would like to make it, with the price of fuel it would deffinitly be a camping trip. Anyone from the DFW area plan on goin? I drive slow, 60 or so, saves gas, and burns people out.

xjintx said:
Hey Most of us arrive Friday night... cleanup the beach sat and camp / partake on saturday night. Seafood boil and whatever else.
And then clean up again on Sunday. :cheers:

Yes, the Ranger staion area has baths and showers and a little store for stuff you may forget.

That's what we do... go down the 4X4 area and camp away from everyone and everything. That way we are not bothered and we don't bother anyone ;)

Some surfcast... a few surfers the rest just vegitate in the sun. Some kids and a few dogs too!

Guys from our other forums are heading out from Dallas. A couple Thursday more leave Friday late afternoon and I imagine some on EARLY Sat morning. I could put you in touch with them... http://tnt4x4club.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=189

Directions???Map?

No sweat here ya go: This is the National Park not to be confused with the State park right down the road.

Next Beach Cleanup
Saturday
April 26, 2008
9:00 a.m. to Noon
All along the Texas Coast!

Join other Texans and help turn the tide against trash!

http://www.glo.state.tx.us/adopt-a-beach/cleanup.html

Padre Island National Seashore—Kleberg County

Check-in: Malaquite Visitor Center, 20420 Park Rd 22​

Last edited:
Back