• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K-Rocks Oct. 24-26

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
Mine and Magimerlins local Off Road club is hosting this event. I would LOVE to see more then just 2 XJs out there (Thats all thats in this club). Here is the info:

COR Fall Run 2008
October 24-26, 2008
Katemcy Rocks, Mason, Texas
http://www.katemcyrocks.com/

CORFallRun.jpg

Flyer for event (Feel free to distribute)
http://www.millertek.com/temp/2008_COR_FALL_RUN_Katemcy.pdf

ALL SKILL LEVELS and 4x4 VEHICLE TYPES WELCOME!
KATEMCY ROCKS is operated by the Kruse family and Shain Chapman.
They offer over 800 acres of granite rock providing an off road experience
like no other in the state. Called the "Moab of Texas," KATEMCY ROCKS
presents diverse terrain for all levels of four wheelers, from stock vehicles
to extreme rock crawlers. There are multiple trails with numerous obstacles from easy to extreme.

Getting to Mason, Texas
Mason is located in central Texas, roughly:
• 4.5 hours from Dallas-Fort Worth
• 5.5 hours from Houston
From Cypress to Mason is about 250 miles

From Mason, Texas
Once you are in Mason, go through town and here you will find gas/food stops. There is a Texaco (food/gas); Citgo (gas/food); Chevron (gas AND the cheapest ice in town) and a Town & Country. The community tries to support their locally owned businesses (Texaco, Citgo & Chevron) but the T&C does have a large parking lot.
• Follow Hwy 87 North out of town (towards Brady) for about 10 miles to FM 1222
• Turn East on FM 1222
• Follow FM 1222 East for a mile or so until you come to a big left curve, the Kruse Off-Road Park entrance will be located on the right side. The entrance is about halfway into the curve. There will be a sign to your right.
• Go through the gate and Elaine will be waiting to check you in.

MANDATORY MINIMUM VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
TO FOUR WHEEL AT KATEMCY ROCKS

1. Properly anchored tow hooks front and rear
2. Seat belts for all vehicle occupants
3. A properly anchored roll bar, preferably a roll cage anchored to the frame.
(Vehicles with factory metal hard tops are permitted, but roll cages are preferred for those vehicles.)
[/b]
PLEASE NOTE: the above items are absolute requirements, no exceptions. You will not be permitted to wheel
without meeting these minimum requirements. A roll-over is a life threatening event, particularly on unforgiving
granite. We have had several roll-overs at Katemcy Rocks. Thankfully, no one has been injured other than minor
cuts and scrapes because they have had, and used, proper safety equipment including full roll cages.

WARNING:
KATEMCY ROCKS is not for the full size Powerstrokes, Excursions, etc... because scratched paint, dents and
broken parts are more than likely to happen.
[/b]

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
The following items are not required, but it is suggested that you have the following:
• Tools
• High Lift jack
• Self recovery equipment (tow strap, tree saver, snatch block, etc...)
• Winch
• Spare parts (driveshaft u-joints, axle shaft u-joints, Hubs,
drive shafts, tie rods, etc...)
• First aid kit
• Tire plugs
• Fire extinguisher

WEEKEND RATE
$50/weekend driver package
Includes:
• Camping Friday & Saturday night
• Saturday wheeling - 8:30 till dark)
• Sunday wheelin - 8:30 till 3:00
Note: an additional $5/day per passenger
is required

DAILY RATES
$30/day per driver
$5/day per passenger
Note: children under 12 are free

CAMPING RATES
$10/person for both nights
(Weekend driver package includes camping fee)
Note: children under 12 are free
Primitive camping (no water/power) available in large community camping area. Porta-Potties in and around campsite. No trash dumpsters; this is a pack in/pack out facility. Ample parking for RVs around campsite.

NOTICE:All payments must be received in cash or check (with proper id). We cannot process credit/debit cards out on the rocks. There are ATM machines available back in town

SCHEDULE
FRIDAY
• Convoys from Cypress and Spring
• Arrival - Camp Setup

SATURDAY
• Wheel AM
• Bring your own lunch
• Wheel PM
• COR Chili Cookoff Sat PM
• Drink cold beverages

SUNDAY
• Wheel AM
• Break down camp

KATEMCY ROCKS RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No alcohol on the trails. If you violate this rule you will be asked to leave the property without a refund of your money.
2. No night wheeling.
3. No wheeling alone. IF you receive permission to wheel without a trail guide, you must have at least two vehicles in your group.
4. All vehicle occupants must wear seat belts.
5. Except on special events, wheeling hours are Saturday 8:30 a.m. until dark, Sunday 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
6. Do not litter. This is a pack in/pack out facility. Do not leave your trash, including cigarette butts, on the trail. Pack out your trash that your create at camp.
7. Do not drive in the stock tanks. This is the only water for the livestock.
8. Obey the 5 mph speed limit in camp.
9. Tread Lightly!
This is private property. If you are unable to abide by these simple rules for your safety and for the well being of the ranch, you may be asked to leave the property and forfeit both your money and your right to return.

Well thats 2 maybes.

Sounds great!

On, and I'm a member of Cypress now too, so that's 3 XJ's in the club :jester:

I'm still not sure which of my heeps I'll be bringing out there though. I might just suck it up and install new shafts in Jennifer's (wait, does that mean I'll be giving Jennifer the shaft?). Tow her's down there with the FSJ and play in both.

LeSigh...if I don't make a decision and start working on one of them soon I will find myself with just being able to bring the Porsche. :looney:

I thinks there is yet another XJ too... so that 4.

I am still the first XJ in that club though!

I have decided to pass up this run to go to Gilmer. Ike took ALOT out of my savings and I can't do both trips now.

I just bought a house, so I will unfortunately be packing and moving, but there ahould be another XJ from Abilene there. He's not a member but he will be around.

Back