• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibrations after driving up snowbank

Renegade

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 96' with a 3.5" lift 31" tires, AX-15, 8.25 rear. At work there was a sweet snowbank that I had to drive up and park on. After driving home I'm gettin vibes from my driveshaft I think. I've got a tc drop which gave me zero vibes, but after driving up on this snowbank ive got crazy vibes when accelerating above 35mph. U joints look ok, I know everyone gonna say get an SYE which im gonna eventually, but why would i all the sudden get vibes after the snowbank? Did the driveshaft just get out of wack? Thanks for the help.

Josh

Did you hit the driveshaft any? Take a look at it and check over the joints real good.

If its vibing right after you drove up it, you could just have some snow built up inside your rims. This would cause the wheels to be off balance until it melts out :) Works kinda like a counterweight on the inside of your wheels. Just knock out the snow and you should be good to go again!

Yeah it was a couple of days ago, snow is gone... The u joints loook good... i guess i should take the front drive shaft out and see if i t still does it.

Could the front tires be off balance?

Renegade said:
Yeah it was a couple of days ago, snow is gone... The u joints loook good... i guess i should take the front drive shaft out and see if i t still does it.

Could the front tires be off balance?
they may "look" ok, but sometimes, it takes taking them apart to really know if they are shot.

Back