• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted shackles

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i sold my RE boomerang shackles a while back figuring id never commit to a sye, but im gonna so im looking for some shackles to help "shim" or "point" my pinion up a bit so maybe i wont have to shim the axle, ill pretty much take whatever decent lift shackle...
-jon

found some commanche's on craigslist for 20$ in vallejo, im gonna jump on those, maybe check out the rough countrys too....wont be doing the sye for a month or two, wanna start looking out for cheap used shackles

X2 on the R.C. 2 inch ones. People may talk crap about R.C. but I've wheeled those damn shackles hard for 2 years with no problem. I think I got them off of e-ghey for 40 shipped?

Cornflake said:
X2 on the R.C. 2 inch ones. People may talk crap about R.C. but I've wheeled those damn shackles hard for 2 years with no problem. I think I got them off of e-ghey for 40 shipped?

that's what mine cost me too.
well worth it IMO

yah, i ordered the RC ones. they look pretty good, cant wait to get em. plus they have the 1.5" and 2" holes. i wont be adding any pucks to the front anytime soon so im guessing the 1.5" will be enough in the rear. and from what ive seen a shackle lift is almost always half of what it says correct? so at 1.5 its really like .75" anyway? im still gonna swap out the 260x joint dana 30 disco shafts for 297x shafts this month along with new u joints, new lca bushings, steering stablizer, already swapped in a brand new zj tie rod, and still need to do the backyard alignment. after that its new driver side motor mount and a new tranny mount(replaced it with a used one that i think was in worse shape than my old one!) and if all of that doesnt kick the vibes ill swap in a sye with the shackles.

Back