• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon 2006 Video !

ruggedjeep

NAXJA Forum User
... Thats right and it only took 2.5 months :shocked:
I dont know shit about video editing. The is the first one ive ever done. Music is completely random, whatever i had on the comp i just picked.
I cut it down a bit and left out the antics at buck island lake .....(damn that water was cold) :eek:

At around 23min the music stops.. Put up the volume you could hear the sami blasting (i think) AC/DC which is pretty cool and you also hear some guy yell "Jeep recovery my ass, now who's gonna recover you" referring to Avery, thought that was pretty funny. Then at about 27min music starts again.... party1:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4559660814347461375&hl=en

enjoy!! :kissyou:

ruggedjeep said:
Music is completely random, whatever i had on the comp i just picked.

Music is sooooo overrated and unnecessary. Not YOUR music... just music in general. I prefer videos without any music. Natural sound is so muchmore interesting.

I cut it down a bit and left out the antics at buck island lake .....(damn that water was cold)

You did a great job for your first time. Nicely done!

Jump This said:
Are you tellin' us that you got no footage of Johnny's roll over?
Or is he just paying black-mail money to you to keep it under wraps?
Rick R:sunshine:

nope, noboby has footage of that; only of the aftermath. Johnny was the 2nd rig, Remi was the only rig ahead of him. We were at the bottom of the hill when we heard the call and ran up.

Andy Steiner said:
Music is sooooo overrated and unnecessary. Not YOUR music... just music in general. I prefer videos without any music. Natural sound is so muchmore interesting.
I still have the raw unedited version, ill try and get that up its got some funny clips. :confused1

Andy Steiner said:
You did a great job for your first time. Nicely done!

Thank you sir :)

99xjache said:
Great Vid!!!! Awesome footage, I wish I could've been there with you guys :(

Aaron
Thanks. yup, shoulda been there :D

Jeepsterboy101 said:
Cool vid. Hope to make it up there in 07.
do it. If you have the chance, dont miss it. The experiance is well worth it.

Aaargh! Watching that last part makes me flashback. Nice video Mike (even if most of it is Avery). And thanks for that little mention in the closing credits. :)

Great video! I couls have done without the music though. The sounds of the Jeeps and people would have been just fine.

xjohnnyc said:
Aaargh! Watching that last part makes me flashback. Nice video Mike (even if most of it is Avery). And thanks for that little mention in the closing credits. :)
johnny, that sucks man! where did you roll it at? last trip you worried about your rear window:D

jmaxj said:
johnny, that sucks man! where did you roll it at? last trip you worried about your rear window:D

Yeah, this time, I busted out most of my windows (except the front doors and rear hatch). :D

You can see Buck Island Lake in the background. It happened about 100 feet from our campsite for the night.

Almost done with the new Jeep. I'll be ready to roll (pun intended) by the Fall Fling (if Grant gives me some time off).

Sweet vid!
Is it me, or does Cracka need 15 tries on every obstacle?
On some of those, I ran out of fingers and toes.....

OT said:
Sweet vid!
Is it me, or does Cracka need 15 tries on every obstacle?
On some of those, I ran out of fingers and toes.....

A MINIMUM of 15 tries :D

Mike,

Awesome video. I showed it off at work here in Va and it really shocked some folks. Most thought we were all insane and couldnt understand why anyone would want to do something like this. The shots of us three wheeling it in the ditch at he start were great, but the footage of Cracker in little sluice just left heads shaking. Its really is a Jeep thing. The music couldnt be better.

I downloaded the video and would love to get more if its available either by download or by email.

John

Back