• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case drop degree shims?

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
t-case drop and degree shims?

Ok my setup.
89 cherokee 4.0, AW4, 231, D30/D35

I just finished installing Dakota leafs + the Dakota overload onto my XJ main. I ended up getting 4.5 over stock. Its measuring 22.0 from the center of the axle to the bottom of the flare. So now ofcourse I have vibes. I was expecting it anyways, just didnt think this much vibes. A SYE is NOT in the budget right know so that will be later down the road. I need an idea of what degree shim I should use when I put on a t-case drop. For everyone that has a cherokee with a 4.0, 231, auto, D30/D35 what have you used. From my reading online I am thinking 1" drop and a 2-3 degree shim. What do yall think? You think if I just removed the overload leaf it might take most of it away? And yes I am going to be told to go do it and see, I know this so I will say. I live in a apartment complex that doesn't allow use to work on our vehicles here. I do anyways but I have to plan it carefully. So I cannot just go and try it right know. With that said for yall that have a similair setup what has and or does work for you? Thank you

Last edited:
i have a 90 5" lift all i needed was the t.c. drop and the vibes went away didn't need shims i would suggest trying that first.

You need to be careful when adding TC drops. I had some vibes and added one on my 89 with around 5" of lift and it was causing the slip yoke to bottom out in the transfer. I had to remove it and am having to put shims on the axle to help correct angles. Every vehicle is different so all we can do is to tell you what worked for us and you start trying.

Back