• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck Spark Plug

97xjcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Went to regap all my spark plugs to hopefully help the starting issue I have been having(Post Title "Starting Issue"). All the plugs were just a little off nothing major.

The problem I am having though is the third plug from the front will loosen a little when I try to remove it, then it just tightens up after that...and yes I know righty-tighty lefty-loosy. As of right now I have it backed out the little it will move and sprayed WD-40 on the base to hopefully seep into the threads.

I am pretty sure that the threads got cross-threaded when I replaced the plugs last...not sure though but that's probably why its not coming out.

ANY ideas on how to get that thing out without having to pull the head?

And the problem was what exactly?????

lol. Make sure you never cross thread them again for future ref. The result isn't that great when you leave it in there awhile and end up stripping out threads.

Always start your plugs by HAND and FINGERS, never with a ratchet. You won't cross thread that way.

Back