• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carling rockers install on center console

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
Leap Frog Studios supplied the Rocker swiches.

I fabbed up a back plate with some extra Aluminum plate from a tool box drawer devider. Used four 10/24 button head screws with lock nuts to mount the plate.
P3284153.jpg

Marked it out with a pencil checked for level / square. Painted the plate Black.
P3284152.jpg

Cut the hole with the dremel cut off wheel, cleaned it up with the milling end. Then did a final clean up with an Exacto knife.
P3284154.jpg

checked the holes for size using the switch then mounted it all in.
P3284155.jpg

I am very happy with the results. There was plenty of room to put the cener console box back in (nothing touches inside). I only have one hooked up for the moment. I'll be getting another set of lights later on.

Nice, But did you need the backer plate? the center console material is solid enough & without the plate it is a cleaner install.
I installed my 3 ARB switches (Front/Rear/Compressor) in the center console of my 01 & they areholding up fine.

garr said:
Nice, But did you need the backer plate? the center console material is solid enough & without the plate it is a cleaner install.
I installed my 3 ARB switches (Front/Rear/Compressor) in the center console of my 01 & they areholding up fine.

Perhaps not but I had it in mind to do it this way. The holes are equally spaced and parallel to one another, Thanks to a buddy at my work who runs a manual mill.

Anyway I like how it looks better than if it had no backer plate.

that's a funky lookin console.....

I kinda figured that... When did that start? my dad's 96 wasn't like that...

oh, by the way, hammered... Looks good!

Ditto,I like how you did it,I'd just be concerned with inadvertent contact.I know my self and any co-riders use the armrest.I mounted mine in the center dash below the lighter/wind-wiper(2000XJ).

tayman said:
I kinda figured that... When did that start? my dad's 96 wasn't like that...

and the switches look good!!

well that would explain it! haha. again, it looks good. Very clean.

MG2000XJ said:
Chris, do those ever get bumped there? I dont know if yours is a dd but I think I would have people and pets hitting them all the time.

Actually, it's funny you should mention it. I have since put a 1/4" round stainless bar over the switches to protect them from accidental bump on/off. I can post a recent pic tomorrow.

Looks good. I would have problems with my Bigg Swigg drink hitting the switches, but I like the idea. The Carling Tech switches are nice, you will like them.

Yea big props to LeapFrog. They hooked me up as well. The prices and shipping were unbeatable. Also threw in an extra rocker cover and removal tool :eek: I'll throw some pics of my overhead box up in a little bit.

Back