• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

san deigo area

What kind of trails you lookin for? There's a bunch all down the 8 headed East. Corral Canyon, Los Pinos Lookout, Jacumba Mine Trails, Mccain Valley.

yea check into Pinos mtn with the Squeeze, heartattack hill, Fish Creek

No....its off of S-22. Near the Overland Stage Coach campground.
In the fall I'll lead out a few runs there.
BTW during the winter, the Dez out here is great for wheeling!
Rick R:sunshine:

You guys ever been to Lawrence Welk in San Marcos/Escondido area? It has a few pretty fun trails and you can get in some pretty aggressive areas. There is a main entrance that has a gate but it has never been locked and there is a back way in with no gate. The 20+ times i've been there I has seen atleast two other rigs out there. Never had a problem with law enforcment, even taked with one before going through the front gate.

There's a book, "Guide to Southern California Backroads and 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles Wells. It's gotta ton of trails with great directions and descriptions for all over SoCal. There's also one for NorCal too. He rates the trails and makes recommendations for tire sizes, lockers, skid plates, etc.

I know you can get a copy at the 4Wheel parts in Chula Vista (although I can't stand that store and would like to never give them any of my money) and maybe at local bookstores. I've never checked online for any of his stuff, may have some.

Back