• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem Getting enough Power to the Starter?!

88MJjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought an 88 MJ it has a 2.5L Motor. It has sat for about 5 Years before i bought it. I put a brand new battery, starter and Ground Cable on it. Now my problem! With all of these new things The starter only turn over the motor for like 2 seconds then it stops like the battery is dead! Does anyone have the slightest clue what to do? I am so stumped! Thanks!
Jeremy

Take out all four spark plugs, drop about a half teaspoon of ATF down the holes, and let it sit for about ten minutes. Then, turn the engine by hand at least five full revolutions.

Crank the engine without the plugs - mainly, to get the remnants of the oil out. Then, put the plugs back in and try to start it.

McQue - thanks for the note! Do bear in mind that I don't have measurements for the four-cylinder version - so I'll need them... But, getting them done shouldn't be a problem - just hit me backchannel and I'll let you know what I need and how you can get it.

Back