• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Distributor Replacement

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have posted a few threads on this (currently still searching as well for information)
-Short end of the stick, one of the screws that threads into the distributor busted off when I was replacing my OEM Dizzy Cap.

It's flush, I can't get it out without drilling it and I haven't tried YET. I think I just want to make life easier and replace the whole distributor.

All of the distributor swaps I have seen are -95, my Cherokee is a 1996 can I use a distributor from an older model XJ? Or do I have to source one from a 1996-1999 XJ?

I don't see what would be drastically different about an earlier year (except for Renix of course) because the Distributor doesn't control anything with OBD1 and OBD2 does it?

Edit:
Man you guys have all this awesome info online @ Autozone, I jsut checked for a 1995 and a 1996 and it says it is the same part number :)

Can someone please confirm this for me though, then I'll have to trace one down on my side of the pond :)http://www.naxja.org/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=243814388

My info shows ones from 94-97 will interchange.

Wayne

Back