• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Bracketry

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
For those using RE's kit to build a HP44, couple of questions. What are you doing with the vent? I have clearenced the bridge to fit, I can't use a 90 due to the ribs. It was originally a drum front axle, so there is a bolt hole for the brakeline farther back. Would it work to drill a hole for a vent to come through the bridge? With the bridge, anybody running an aftermarket cover, this bridge uses the angle bracket that bolts the the diff cover holes and the bridge? Those that have used the kit, are you taking your measurements from centerline? As far as a trackbar bracket goes, any issues with using the JKS OAB (did in need to be modified in any way)? It's going to be stock bracketry setup, minus TB and stabilizer bracket's, but the PS coil mount is cut for the stock TB bracket, any issues with welding in on and not using it? Appreciate it.

I haven't used RE brackets, but..
When I put my ARB up front I just drilled a new hole for the vent tube about 1/2 inch behind the stock vent hole. (Tapped that one for the ARB).
I did use the OAB though. However, I used it for both the track bar and the RAM, with gusseting to the UCA mount. I liked the OAB, saved a lot of Fab time. I mounted a piece of 2 inch square on top of the OAB for the track bar and I had to mod the frame track bar bracket to move it back (Rearward) about 1.5 inches and then shortened the track bar for the OAB bracket.
Oh, Yeah. My bridge was notched for the vent tube.

This is before the ARB went in.
http://www.tqci.net/~scot/steeringa.jpg

Back