• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I only have luke warm heat - 2000 XJ

Sportstr1200

NAXJA Forum User
I've been reading some info around the net and have taken some steps to fix my luke warm heat problem with no luck so far. I just bought a bone stock 2000 Cherokee Limited 4.0 and I have this heat issue. Even with the temp guage at 210, I only get luke warm air coming out. The fan blows fine and the thermostat seems to funtion properly judging by the temp guage. So far I have checked the movment of the air door and it seems to move freely in both directions as I move the heat/cool knob. I flushed out the heater core this afternoon with a drill driven liquid transfer pump and radiator flush and it didnt seem to help the problem at all. The flow of water through the core seemed to be okay to me while I was flushing it. The upper heater core hose is very hot when the Jeep is warmed up and the lower one seems much less hot. It looks like a water pump was installed not too long ago along with new heater hoses. I'm a little puzzled about this and was hoping someone out there could steer me in the right direction. Thanks

Deleted

I was gunna say maybe someone snuck in your garage at night and put a 160 t-stat in but I guess that's not it... I'd say new heater core... that's my $0.02

I have had my 2000 since 99 and have never had that issue. Sometimes it's too hot, so the only thing I can think of would maybe be some sort of restriction on the hot water entering the core. However, I did have the same issue on a BMW I had a while back and it was 100% the core. So, I would have to agree with PurpleCherokee, as much as I hate to agree with anything by someone who has a purple Cherokee.:confused1 :roflmao:J/K

Rich

2KXJmakinwaves said:
I have had my 2000 since 99 and have never had that issue. Sometimes it's too hot, so the only thing I can think of would maybe be some sort of restriction on the hot water entering the core. However, I did have the same issue on a BMW I had a while back and it was 100% the core. So, I would have to agree with PurpleCherokee, as much as I hate to agree with anything by someone who has a purple Cherokee.:confused1 :roflmao:J/K

Rich

Damnit, it was supposed to be dark red! :doh: haha...

:laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof:
Damn that night sky.

Back