• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm going nuts with this renix

WraithKWK

NAXJA Forum User
If there are any San diego guys that know the renix 4.0 ... I could use some help.

89 4.0 Renix

high idle 2k so I broght it down with throttle plate screw
High idle again
and or
strong miss/Hesitation when axcellerating from idle ( started all of the sudden wont go away)
plugs are old but functioning

tried to check tps
used this site for info on how to do it http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl232i.htm
Supply voltage 4.68
output voltage 4.22
I thinnk the info was wrong cause my ratio was 0.901 instead of the 0.30 that it recomended. when i tried to correct it my idle shot to 2k+ constant miss/studder. I set it back to origanal rms back to 2k ruff idle and constant studder. smacked wires abit then it went back to 800rpm with constant studder

I'm going outta my mind

simular to the problem that I had, check the egr mine was bad and causing it to run all screwed up.I used a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the valve out. Is the trottle body clean?

If I new what I was looking for I could open up the throttle body.
Honestly fuel injection is not my bag baby

just open the butterfly and look in there If its all mucked up take it off and clean'er up. Check the egr take the vacume line off and see what if anything changes.

I'm wondering why my outpu voltage was 4.22
and when i lowered it to 3.9 the rpm skyrocketed when some of the other post i have read say the output should be like 0.8 volts

although honestly i dont think the tps had anything to do with the rms going higher.

I'll go out tomorrow and check out the throttle body and try to check the egr. jeeps is sitting in Santee while my ass is in el cajon for the night

finally got around to checking the egr valve ... seems to be working propery ... its possble that its not closing al the way... dunno, if i can get some time in the next few days i'll pull all the plugs and see hat they have to tell me.

pull the egr and clean th passages as well as actually look at the plunger and make sure it isnt damaged I had one where the plunger erroded to a point where it was only half normal size

check all the vaccum lines. mine was doing that today and i opened her up and a lines came lose and i herd HISSSSSS pluged it back in, my idle went back down. :cheers:

Right now I'm facing this same problem... its kicking my butt... I have a 87 renix. I narrowed down my problem to either a bad coolant temp sensor (directly below egr valve behind motor mount), the egr valve, or the exhaust/intake gasket, I know I have an exhaust leak there, so it might have something to do with a vacuum leak. I know as the engine warms up it makes sense that any crack in the gasket will expand. And that would result in the rpm going up to 2100rpm. Before you tweak about having to replace your gasket try tightening your exhaust/intake bolts, I found a lot of mine were loose.

I wish i could help u peter but i finally figured out my issue. The 2 years that my jeep sat before it was given to me the gas in the tank turned to varnish.

All my issues were bad gas.... problem solved.

I wanna say thanks to all those who tried to lend some helpfull advice

and Peter wish u the best of luck bro ... one thing i learned in all this is dont get tinkeritice ... and when in doubt go back to basics ie. Fuel, air, spark.

Back