• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BORLA muffler warranty

CaptTrev

NAXJA Forum User
While doing some maintenance under my jeep this winter - I noticed some cracks on the inlet tube of my Borla muffler.

I have borla header, B-pipe and cat-back - all from approx 5 years and maybe 30k miles ago.

I called Borla and spoke to Tim Y in warranty dept. Even though I never filled out the warranty cards I received with the new products (you all should do that when you get them!!) he was kind enough to send out a new muffler. I offered to send him pics of the cracks, but he didnt need them.
He took my credit card as a depost, in case he received the old one back and it wasn't covered under warranty.

Long story short, I swapped mufflers out - and I called him up to ask about return shipping. He said instead of shipping it back - I could just take a picture of the smashed muffler (HE wanted to prove that I destroyed it) and email it to him.

Now - my question is this - does anyone have any pics of smashed jeep borla mufflers? Though I dont have any immediate plans for this - I would hate to destroy a muffler that could be welded easily and reused in an emergency...

anybody have any pics of anything like this?

thanks

CaptTrev

Just smash it.

They took care of you. Now don't try to scam them.

Back