• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

discovermoab.com calender of events

I guess the trail plan better avoid the Behind The Rocks area on 11th and 12th with the 24 hour mountain bike race there. What day was Pritchet Canyon planned for?

We won't be running Behind the Rocks that week. They'll be out there prepping the bike race course all week, much of which uses Behind the Rocks. The only tough days for Pritchett will be Fri and Sat, so we'll run it everyday before that. Maybe we'll do a buggy run on Sat and just go back down. :D

BTW, nice to have us up on the calendar.

Oct 15-19

Confluence: A Celebration of Readers and Writers
Writing workshops, field components, public addresses, public forums, a "Moab Reads" program, writing contests and community art shows. The 2008 Confluence will look at the influence and works of Edward Abbey with a faculty comprised of Abbey's colleagues, friends, academic critics and other writers. For more information visit www.moabconfluence.org.

Screw Fall fling...this is where I will be. :D

DrMoab said:
Oct 15-19

Writing workshops, field components, public addresses, public forums, a "Moab Reads" program, writing contests and community art shows. The 2008 Confluence will look at the influence and works of Edward Abbey with a faculty comprised of Abbey's colleagues, friends, academic critics and other writers. For more information visit www.moabconfluence.org.

that must be some hard-core reading!!! i'm there!!

DrMoab said:
Oct 15-19

I've never read in Moab before. What modifications do you think I’ll have to make to my glasses? Should I get larger lenses?

o2bgpn said:
I've never read in Moab before. What modifications do you think I’ll have to make to my glasses? Should I get larger lenses?

You may have to lower the pressure of the nose pieces ,for better traction.

Wayne

o2bgpn said:

I read everytime I go there!

Charles Wells - Moab, UT Backroads and 4-Wheel Drive Trails
TOPO maps
Utah Road and Recreation Atlas

You know..the really deep stuff!

We had lots of discussion on how to logistically make a BTR run work for the 25th Event, but with all the bike race pre-running and course setup, it didn't. The bike race event organizers really appreciate us not "treading" on the their event, even though we have every right to. Pritchett will be run earlier in the week to minimize impact.
There are plenty of other trails to run that won't have any conflicts, it was the right thing to do.

Since 02 that race fell on our final fling weekend only once before IIRC.

Back