• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP30 or LP30?

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of getting gears for my rig and may have the chance to get a HP30. Swap all my stuff over change gears and be good to go. My question is, would it be that much of an advantage for a me? My XJ will be getting an uprade from the current 3" to a new DPG 4" hybrid this weekend. It only gets to the trails for lite wheeling a few times a year. IT spends most of its time getting me back and forth to work.

Would the LP be fine or is the HP that big of a difference?

00Classic said:
What would you pay for a LP housing?

I have chopped 3 lp30 housings into 18" sections and trashed them. What would I pay for one?

Well, if you delivered it and brought me a case of beer, I'd probably chop yours up for you too. ;)

cal said:
I have chopped 3 lp30 housings into 18" sections and trashed them. What would I pay for one?

Well, if you delivered it and brought me a case of beer, I'd probably chop yours up for you too. ;)

Meant to type HP. I know a guy who has one but don't know what to offer him.

00Classic said:
Meant to type HP. I know a guy who has one but don't know what to offer him.

Depends on condition and configuration.

For a 250,000 disconnect hp30 with old unit bearings? $50.

For a 1999 hp30 with 60,000 miles? Probably $200.

they came in all cherokees except 00-01...but there are different "versions" i guess. some are vacuum disconnect up until 92...then 92+ are non disconnect...then there are the d30s with the bigger 297x ujoints. i believe all abs versions have them as well as all 95+...can anyone verify that?

Not likely, no.

If its off of an 89 xj, it IS high pinion. :)

Back