• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part ID please?

AaronJXJ

NAXJA Forum User
quick question
in addition to some other troubles ive been having
the pipe that connects my cat converter to the header broke
i have no idea what this pipe is called so i can get a new one
can anyone help me out real quick
this is my daily driver and im a senior in high school so untill this is fixed
my mom has to drive me to school
so i really need to work this out
thanks

That's a "downpipe," although you should be able to order it by description, you did a good job describing it.

Any exhaust shop can probably bend one up for you - although, if you're not lifted yet, they probably won't know to put the crimp in there (which you need to clear the front driveshaft. If you're lifted more than about 3", you probably don't need that crimp.)

Jeep calls it a front exhaust pipe, various after market suppliers call it a cross over pipe. I was going to look up the number for him.

8Mud said:
Jeep calls it a front exhaust pipe, various after market suppliers call it a cross over pipe. I was going to look up the number for him.

Fair enough - and you can probably find the number faster than I can. I'm all fluxed up from recent happenings, and I'm still figuring out where I put things after this last move...

The number Jeep has is for the front converter and the exhaust front pipe as a unit and probably costs a fortune. After market would be your best bet or like 5-90 recommended have a muffler shop make you one or repair what you have.
Pre Cat to cat cross over pipe is a pretty good description, front exhaust will work at jeep probably and down pipe is also a common name.

Here is a number that will get you on the right page anyway.
fe3uw6.png

Crown automotive (Quadratech) probably carries that piece.

Back