• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Info or write-ups on E-350 Master Cylinder

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
When i did the swap to full widths i also went to larger drums(one ton) in the rear and dual piston calipers in the front. my xj's master cylinder has to push so much fluid that my pedal is almost to the floor. it stops great, i can lock the 38s down but it just takes alot of force and fluid and the stock master is working overtime. so i want to swap in a master from a E-350(at least thats what i've heard of people doing). im just looking for some info on it, what year van, certain models, write-ups, experience, etc...the usual.

anyhelp or advice would be great.....

thanx
lincoln

well i can tell you this.. it is not bolt in.. the " ears " where the bolts hold the master to the booster dont line up and need to be redrilled or " massaged" , i noticed this when i tried it.. ( i was in a hurry to get it done so i could drive to work and just bolted my old master back in ) i do believe the inside needs to be massaged as well .. someone will know better than i.. but it is not direct bolt on.. i tried with an 88 booster and an 86-e-250 master.

iknow its not a direct bolt on(which is fine) and like dave stated you have to "massage" or drill out the holes to 9/16, i think. i was just curious as to what year(s) e-350 vans and if there were any write-ups out there.

keep me posted
thanx
lincoln

Back