• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Door Locks?

Euclid

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep has manual door locks and I'd really love to have power/remote door locks.

How much of a pain in the ass would it be to do this? I assume the stock wiring is all there, could I just switch out actuators and the alarm control box?

Or would it be better to go aftermarket?

Thanks!

The stock wiring is not in the doors. The mechanism probably has a tie in from the motor, probably via a bell crank, which is not in an unpowered door either.

The motor, rod and bell crank piece would need to be slavalged from a donor vehicle. The wiring would be straight forward and using a momentary contact DPDT toggle switch could be easily wired up.

Yeah, I've been contemplating trying out that power lock kit with the hatch option. Can't beat the price.

oh, didn't realize it was that easy. Picked up a 4door set for $20 on eBay.
I figure I'll use one of the 2 spare actuators for the hatch.

Resurrecting this from the dead, but how did you guys like those kits? I ordered one and should be installing it next weekend

Back