• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need your opinions!!!!

Im no expert, for SURE.......but my guess would be that it needs shocks, or its just those shitty tires that are on it.......whatever it is, it cant be that bad.....if it has all the parts on it that he says it does, its a fairly good deal....but the fact he says it HAS to be towed away would scare me off......who knows tho? Looks like a nice Jeep, but looks can be deceiving, lol.......

The death wobble that he is experiencing is probably making him think that his Jeep is trashed and hard to repair. Anyone that has dealt with death wobble knows that it usually is just one of a few things that could cause it. I would go for the Jeep and tighten up the front end/replace the worn out components that are causing the death wobble, and you got yourself a nice Jeep for cheap!

I would atleast go peep it out.Could be he just got fed up with it.Early on in this hobby I went through this with a 86 xj.I was young and got sick of spending money on it so I sold it for cheap and then regretted the hell out of selling it.

he sez it has current tags-- ask him if he'll humor you for a 20-30 minute ride to see what it's doing. I'd say if it runs well for 20-30 min and only shakes at highway speeds, go for it. Replact the front end steering linkages and get an alignment.

Get it. It's a Steel even with the death wobble. Death wobble can be easy to fix, and cheap if you know how to do front end work. You could replace everything under the front end for about $500 in parts. Thats without replacing the whole Axle.

That's a clean looking Jeep. I wonder if the owner hired others to do the lifting and such on it, and is not competent to fine tune it or diagnose the problem. It might be that some aspect of the lift was done wrong, or that he got an expensive estimate from some local garage for work that a good home mechanic could do cheaply (e.g. ball joints). Of course, it's also possible that he took it wheeling and damaged something. I'd go right now, look underneath it, and if it doesn't show signs of anything badly bent, wrinkled or damaged, and if the engine doesn't smoke or something like that, buy it on the spot.

Death wobble could be from him beating it in the desert. Busted steering box mount on the frame. Still would be a good deal if you can fix it yourself.

Back