• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SOCALXJ Jambo @ Truckhaven this weekend

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
A lot of people seem to not know its going on.

This is not a naxja event, but its all the same damn naxja people - go wheel.

--Copy and Pasted--

There isn't much info that is needed. we are wheeling in Truckhaven.
we are camping here.
http://www.shadowco.org/~cal/temp/SoCalXJ2008.kmz
click the link and it will download the spot and show it to you via
google earth.
Maybe Cal can post up a better description.
Raffle is on saturday night sometime.
maybe 7ish or so? 25 tickets for $20 Lets just stick with $20 bills if
we can.
hats, beanies and G'strings are $5
shirts $10

I like how you referred to yourself in the 3rd person. Anywho can't make as you know. I'll be in Vegas. Get some body damage for me!

KRAKER said:
I like how you referred to yourself in the 3rd person. Anywho can't make as you know. I'll be in Vegas. Get some body damage for me!

I cut and pasted an email from someone else. :)

KRAKER said:
Get some body damage for me!

truckhaven body damage isnt likely at a place like that unless you flop or roll it

djblade311 said:
truckhaven body damage isnt likely at a place like that unless you flop or roll it

Yeah... But someone said that about Cleghorn too.. :scared: Let me at.. I'm sure I could dent something out there :gee:.. Wait.. my rig is already jacked up :doh:

SoCalXJ?? What's that?? :shhh:

E

cal said:
A lot of people seem to not know its going on.

This is not a naxja event, but its all the same damn naxja people - go wheel.

--Copy and Pasted--

There isn't much info that is needed. we are wheeling in Truckhaven.
we are camping here.
http://www.shadowco.org/~cal/temp/SoCalXJ2008.kmz
click the link and it will download the spot and show it to you via
google earth.
Maybe Cal can post up a better description.
Raffle is on saturday night sometime.
maybe 7ish or so? 25 tickets for $20 Lets just stick with $20 bills if
we can.
hats, beanies and G'strings are $5
shirts $10

Brah, shirt me. 2XL x2... you pick the colors.

Kejtar said:
couple years ago there was someone who just ran out of road and nose dived it and put the xj on the roof ;)

I almost became a statistic out there a couple months ago. I was so close to laying on my side that Cal was even shouting over the CB "oh! oh! Mike's over! ...oh wait never-mind, NICE SAVE!"

Nobody got any footage, but I would've loved to see it. I felt the shift in weight and I could see the ground just a couple inches away from my driver's door. Cal said I probably had 3 tires in the air. I decided I was NOT going without a fight. Pedal to the floor pulled me out of it. When in doubt, throttle it out. I'm re-thinking the weight on the roof for this weekend.

Anyway, uhm, don't let that scare you, come on out! :D

FYI, in the raffle, a bunch of stuff from Direcected audio. sirius radios mostly. $300 gift certificate to Advance Adapters
Set of Yukon super joints in the 760 size
waiting to see if the other vendors pull through but there is easily about $1500 worth of raffle prizes. money goes to the truckhaven fight.

I had a little oops there once. You can see the jeep had slide over in a culvert

tds06+032.jpg

We are getting some nice light rain out here today (that was a big suprise, I was hoping to finish painting the cage!) I don't know what the weather forcast for the weekend is but I dought if there is any more rain coming our way. NO DUST!!

This is going to be good!!

Rick

tripdog said:
Yeah if we can all get over the mountains. 8 is closed as I'm sure are the roads leading out of Julian.
:mad:

Go through Borrego Springs via Santa Ysabel, that takes you out of most of the mountains. There is a lot of snow even below Julia, but the roads will be open when you all start heading out here.

Rick

Back