• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$$$used catalytic converters$$$

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know anything about this. I was told that a used(especially the one from factory) catalytic converter is worth money because it contains rare metals such as platnum. does anyone know what a used xj cat would be worth? also, what knid of places buy them? thanks:rof:

smiley_emoticons_spam3.gif

how is this spam?? its a good question. alot of people take their vehicles into muffler shops to take their cats of or put new ones on and just leave without knowing that the muffler shop is taking that cat in and getting money for it. some big mercedes trucks have cats that are worth up to $700. and expensive high end cars have cats that are up to $500.

i've heard the same, up to around $30 but that is if you give it to a middleman of some kind. if you take it directly to the metal yard you will get alot more.

lots of times they will give you money for them, used to be a guy that went by the muffler shop near my work all the time. and if you pull one off sometimes you can sell it out to cali.

That one of the reasons getting caught in this area with a battery powered sawzall will get you shot in the commuter lots.:flamemad:

I sold the one off my 1992 for $90 on ebay(plus $30 shipping)!! Thats the best way to get good money for them.

I got $120+$30shipping for the one off my F250!!

On newer subaru's 99+ they have a double cat assembly we get $75 canadian per cat thats 150 per assembly as long as they arent broken up inside. slush fund is always topped up

i was pretty sure that it is palladium inside not platinum. Palladium reacts with carbon monoxide to produce dioxide, platinum does not. I could be wrong though

Back