• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater/AC Dash Lights

fubar XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, to no avail. I'm guessing this is likely a simple issue that I just have no clue where to look on the Jeep to find the answer. The rectangular area of the dash just under the radio, has the two slides for heater function and temp control as well as the blower motor switch. This used to light up along with the rest of the dash when the headlights were turned on, now it doesn't. I searched the fuse panel under the dash and the one under the hood, didn't see a fuse labeled "heater controls" or anything that tipped me off, didn't find any burned out fuses either. Could be as simple as a bulb(s) right under the control panel, but I wanted some feedback before pulling the dash apart. Anyone dealt with this issue before, and what did you find to be the cause?

1991, 4.0L, A/C, don't know what other options would be relevant.

Thanks in advance.

It's a bulb.

You can either remove the radio to get at it or the A/C controls. It's in there. They do burn out. I didn't think mine even lit up until I read a post on here.

What's the best way to access it? Can I pull just the dash face off at the control area, or is it one big piece? I'm not looking at the Jeep right now, I'm at work.

And thanks for the quick reply.:)

fubar XJ said:
What's the best way to access it? Can I pull just the dash face off at the control area, or is it one big piece? I'm not looking at the Jeep right now, I'm at work.

And thanks for the quick reply.:)

Hey Doug, you have to take the whole piece off( it covers everything).
Un-screw the heater controls and there is one bulb that lights up the whole thing.You can get replacements at any parts store.

Sean

Back