• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torx bits & Powerbuilt

Patman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any experience with the Powerbuilt line of tools? Are they junk/good/average? I've seen them at Canadian Tire and wondered. Also--what sizes of Torx bits are used on the XJ? I have the Jeep,:D but no bits. :mad:

Can't comment on that brand of tools as I have never heard of them or Canadian Tire either. As to torx bits I have used almost every size from a T-60 on down to a T-10 and most in between. Get a high quality set from a reputable manufacturer like Craftsman or Matco or Snap-on and get a set of torx screwdrivers as well.

They're junk. Do yourself a favor and just buy a set. You'll need a variety of sizes for the XJ. Also, torx are a place where you want to spend a little money, because the cheap ones will twist.

88 Wagonman said:
They're junk. Do yourself a favor and just buy a set. You'll need a variety of sizes for the XJ. Also, torx are a place where you want to spend a little money, because the cheap ones will twist.

Matco or Snap-on make great torx bits. I got a set in my Matco box, and I never had a issue never.

Powerbuilt is chinese made crap. Get a set of Craftsman. Even though they aren't super quality, they aren't too bad and you can easy excahnge them when they eventually twist off.

Just watch the kit you buy and make sure it comes with a t27.Some kits dont have them,not a very common size .Youl need it if you want to change fenders or header panel and other body and interior panels.

All of my tools are Craftsman, with one exception. I found a cheap set of Torx at Autozone. I can't remember the name --- Great Neck??? -- or something. They are "chinese crap" as one of the posters said above. But -- they had one thing I had not been able to find --- a short T60. I am hoping to change the orings on my oil filter adapter soon, but all of the T60s are too long. I had to buy a whole set, but it was about 16 bucks. I would have paid that for the one piece. I already tried it and it fits, but I have not yet tackled the job itself.

I bought that same set a couple of years ago. I twisted off 3 of them since. I have a craftsman set at work that have never given me any trouble.

Back