• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doubling shackles?

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever run two shackles on one side of a leaf spring, or four shackles per leaf spring? It seems like it wouldn't give you any extra lift, but you could get some droop gains from it, right?

NEVER run a shackle on both sides of a leaf spring. it will allow the axle to swing freely (think of a swing pushed sideways). I have seen a double shackle in the rear......

EDIT: looks like i'm a li'l late. the links Ray posted are what i was thinking of

h2opete987 said:
NEVER run a shackle on both sides of a leaf spring. it will allow the axle to swing freely (think of a swing pushed sideways). I have seen a double shackle in the rear......

EDIT: looks like i'm a li'l late. the links Ray posted are what i was thinking of

I agree.

hopefully he means like a home-made boomerang or something like that.

revolvers=junk IMO. i was pretty close to buying a set untill a had 2 buddies with them. they get pretty sketchy on off camper stuff. the flex is useless droop (the tire that is dropped doesn't have any weight on it). the 1 of my friends even complains about body roll from them on the street.

save another 50 bucks and get a locker. itll take you far more places. lockers are the new flex

Heres my old scissor shackles.
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Nothing really,I needed a longer shackle when I moved up to 5"+ so I just ordered new shackles,never tried them at that height.

XJ98Jeep said:
Has anyone ever run two shackles on one side of a leaf spring, or four shackles per leaf spring? It seems like it wouldn't give you any extra lift, but you could get some droop gains from it, right?

VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!:gee:

Don't worry guys, I wasn't planning on running 4 shackles per leaf spring! I was just trying to make what I was saying clearer, I'm fully aware of how much of a death trap that would turn my Jeep into. I try NOT to be like AlfredsXJ as much as possible.

Back