• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 wire harness

in2fords

NAXJA Forum User
Allright, I did a quick peek behind the taillight and didnt see any wires that would be in my way so i took the plasma to the rear fender. Little did I know the harness jumps over the interior pinch seam and right to where I cut the fender:twak: I cut the wires about 10 inches before the rear plugs so I can splice them if I need.

this is on my 89 and I have a 91 for parts, is the harness that goes from drivers kick panel to the back the same on these? Im hoping for a plug and play type deal.

Thanks, Jeremy

Yeah the wire harness should be the same. Wiring is for taillights and radio speakers. But from where it plugs in is also has the wirs for the fuel pump but it should all work to swap them out. But take some time doing it. You could just splice the wires back together unless everything is already exposed.

its all exposed allready, after I saw the wires I melted I took it all apart, it was a really bone head move on my part. and the 91 is a parts rig my buddy is getting tomorrow. nobody else will want this peice and he needs to take the interior apart anyway so Ill actaully be helping him. I just need to drive to the otherside of the island to get it.
I was going to splice but since it's free I might as well do it right.
Thanks, Jeremy

Its a good thing I had to open it all up. The r/r blinker has never worked and the tail lights were allways dim. it turns out that right where I melted the wires some one had made some splices in the harness, it was just twisted and duct taped. I cant tell what wires went where and he seemed to mix them all up. Atleast I wont have that problem now.
Jeremy

All right, got the harness today and to let everyone know they are a match. The only reason I asked was because one of my parts rigs was a 92 and it wasnt the same. when they swapped over to H.O. the harness connectors changed.
This info is only usefull if someone uses a search or remembers it.
Thanks for your help, Jeremy

Back