• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SBNF, Quarterly Forest Adopt-a-Trail meeting, January 16th

Ed A. Stevens

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
FYI,

Hi, just a friendly reminder that our Quarterly Forest Adopt-a-Trail meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 16th at Corona Sizzler beginning at 7 P.M. Everyone is invited to attend! As you know, we like to try and show up between 6-7 to eat dinner and enjoy each others company. The Adopt-a-Trail program has grown to OVER 2,500 members!

We will be discussing (as a group) a number of key issues that will have an affect on off-roading opportunities on the San Bernardino National Forest. We will have open discussion about the various club bylaws/rules that are currently in place. Also, discuss what has worked (in regards to bylaws) for clubs and what hasn't in the past. If your club does have bylaws, please bring a copy of them to the meeting.

We will be announcing some upcoming large scale projects (we need YOUR clubs help!) in the burn areas this Spring and Summer. A large Earth Day Project with the Forest and Cal4wd, I hope to get District 37 (AMA) and CORVA involved as well.

We will be discussing the possibility of expanding our AAT Program into Public Education. Giving our Volunteers the opportunities to interface with the OHV public both at local events AND in the Forest.

Route Designation Process updates, Tractor Training, Chainsaw Training, 4x4 ATV Training, new clubs, 4x4 media coverage and an Adopt-a- Trail Campout!!

I have several more agenda items. However, I want to hear from you! If YOU or your CLUB have any items you feel we need to discuss, please let me know!

Thank you ALL for being part of the Adopt-a-Trail Program!!

I hope to see you at the meeting,

Greg.

Remi has additoonal contact info.

So who's the goto on this? Remi or Seqouia?

I am going to try to make it!

I will know for sure this evening.

Ed A. Stevens said:
FYI,

Remi has additoonal contact info.

Sequoia or Remi... or

The address for the Sizzler is 1461 South Rimpau in Corona.
The phone number is (909) 272-8255.

Directions: 1st exit off Hwy 15 south of Hwy 91 is Magnolia. Go West for about 1 block and the Sizzler is located behind the McDonalds.

(save the trouble of searching).

karstic said:
So who's the goto on this? Remi or Seqouia?
Actually I believe that the new goto would be the current Chapter President which means... Robert :) I will try to make it but this is an ugly week for me... if it was last week or following week I'd go for sure. This week is a maybe for me.

I will be at this meeting!!! Got to serve my peeps... LOL

This is something I want to get more into anyways.

Thanks Ed! I look forward to meeting you Wed night.

Anyone in OC want to tag along let me know and we can car pool. I will be leaving my house around 4:45 PM. Anyone from this can also attend, so if you want to go, please do!

Thanks!

I'm 50/50 at the moment for attending. If so we can carpool Robert.

karstic said:
I'm 50/50 at the moment for attending. If so we can carpool Robert.

Cool! Give me a call and we can set-up it up. I am in Lake Forest.

My cell # is 714-319-7135

I really want to go but I've got a massive workload at my job that will require late nights. grrr. I apologize guys

Hey gang,

I am sorry to let you guys down, but I will not be able to make it tonight. I started getting sick last night and it is kicking my butt today. Unless a miracle happens between now and 5:00 PM, I can't make it.

I feel real bad as this is something I truly want to get more involved in.

Sorry.....

I was there with my wife saw karstic and Doug there too with some other folks I didn't recognize. If naxja is gonna have a trail we will need a adopt a trail coordinator and really do some thing in stead of our once a year attempt. a lot of other groups with easy trails are stepping up to help on the harder ones and with as large a group as we have we showed very very poorly on last years stats. groups with less than 20 members had a few hundred hours so how can a group of a few hundred members show less than 1/2 a hour per member. also it is time to renew our volunteer agreement and we need to get them a updated roster before each outing to avoid problems if there is a accident

Gerr said:
I was there with my wife saw karstic and Doug there too with some other folks I didn't recognize. If naxja is gonna have a trail we will need a adopt a trail coordinator and really do some thing in stead of our once a year attempt. a lot of other groups with easy trails are stepping up to help on the harder ones and with as large a group as we have we showed very very poorly on last years stats. groups with less than 20 members had a few hundred hours so how can a group of a few hundred members show less than 1/2 a hour per member. also it is time to renew our volunteer agreement and we need to get them a updated roster before each outing to avoid problems if there is a accident

Thanks for coming up and saying, "Hi":wave:

The volunteer agreement has been renewed. Looks like I've become the AAT liaison seeing that it's my name on the volunteer agreement.

We have a trail, 2N04. It's a possibilty to adopt another trail, but that would have to be coordinated with Greg Hoffmann and REQUIRE some COMMITMENT from our membership.

The AAT program is organizing a large Earth Day event for April 19. The work area would be on trails like Holcomb Creek, 3N17, 2N06X, Dishpan Springs, etc. in the burn areas of the Butler I, Butler II, Slide and Green Valley fires. This would be work towards reopening these trails.

As we get closer to the SoCal Fest I'll need to collect some info from the AAT volunteers for FS requirements.

karstic said:
The AAT program is organizing a large Earth Day event for April 19. The work area would be on trails like Holcomb Creek, 3N17, 2N06X, Dishpan Springs, etc. in the burn areas of the Butler I, Butler II, Slide and Green Valley fires. This would be work towards reopening these trails.

Cool! So I guess it's good we don't have an event that weekend as that means we could come up and help up on that day as part of a larger group :D

Thanks Stephan and Dan!

Thanks for stepping up Stephan. I think the group needs to step it up on this matter. I will do my best to help encourage participation. As for our current trail, anytime one of our memebers run the trail, we need to log that. Also, while you are running the trail, please remove trash and take notice of any possible issues that we may need to attend to - large boulders, washed out trail, fallen trees, or things like that.

I think we need to have more than 1 dedicated work day a year. I know last year we talked about addign another trail, but it did not go anywhere. If we can't do enough with one trail, why would they "give" us another one.

I look forward to hearing more from you Stephan and working right beside you.

We should probably start a new post with the AAT Earth Day work event. Alot of folks enjoy running these trails and the sooner they re-open, the better.

Thanks again!

Thanks to both Dan and Stephan. The AAT needs as many volunteers and good representation as possible. I really wanted to go too but works been a stress case lately.

I agree that we should have more than 1 work day.

If anyone wants to help out as well, please take the initiative like Stephan and Dan.

Another option we have to adopting another trail is helping a smaller club with their AAT.

I'm waiting for the invite to the AAT Yahoo group, that way I can post up more info and get more details behind the AAT program.

One of the main bureacratic concerns of the AAT program is having a rooster of people that is working on the project for insurance purposes. Basically if you are working on an AAT project you have to have some personal information on file. That way in case of an injury you can be covered, in part by FS insurance. I have to speak with Greg Hoffman to get the details on that regard.

Back